Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: MUH BIG BAD FORD POWERSTROKE DIESEL PICK-UP TRUCK! C'MON!
Who Makes The Best Pickup Truck? [6 vote(s)]

FORD
83.3%
GM - CHEVY
16.7%
CHRYSLER - DODGE
0.0%


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:
MUH BIG BAD FORD POWERSTROKE DIESEL PICK-UP TRUCK! C'MON!


Well I figured I have bitched enough about these trucks to where I can finally start telling people the GOOD things that I have noticed about the Ford F250 PowerStroke Super Duty.

For starters my wife absolutly loves the thing. Hell my wife is half German and she would rather drive this big old truck than the Mercedes! LOL And she is all of a 100 lbs soaking wet. Then again she was raised in Farm country, none the less I still love her... My wife that is..

Anyway some of the best parts about these big trucks is the amount of space you have inside them. Having the Crew Cab long bed Super Duty really gives you the feeling of "King of the road". Like any other vehicle on the face of the planet, when properly tuned and serviced the 6.0 Liter Ford PowerStroke Turbo Diesel packs a punch like NO OTHER. The power from the massive Garret Supercharger tingles the very depths of your soul as it efortlessly produces torque no matter how heavy the load. The fuel economy of a 8000 LB beast such as mine is better than most performance race inspired vehicles a third of the weight. With the 6.0 Turbo Diesel engine putting out 325 horsepower and 560 Foot Pounds of torque right out of the factory is puts out more power than most of the performance race inspired vehicles also! 

The ride quality of a Ford Truck is better than any other in existance. The interior design is often much better on a Ford than GM and Chrysler with fewer interior rattles and very comfortable seating. The sound system is up to par boasting easy to use controls. The philosophy of keep it simple stuiped has been engineered into most all of the driver controls. Ford does a good job with the design of the Ford truck and to me the Ford truck is the best looking truck from 1999 and up followed closely by Dodge. Key word here is FOLLOWED. 

Towing capasity has NEVER been a problem with any Ford that I have ever owned and most certanly not with a PowerStroke equipped vehicle. I can haul 4 yard of dirt and the truck feels sound as a pound going down the road. Braking under the load is also very impressive and given the rear disc brakes on my model I fear no sudden stops.

Looking down on people while sitting high in the SuperDuty line of trucks is something you cant help but do. Its nothing to do with being cocky, its just feels like your on top of the world, and really outside of other SuperDuty trucks, Semi's and such you get that comfortable feeling of "Dont pull out infront of me or Ill fucking run your ass over!" and to be honest most other drivers on the road understand and RESPECT this. You have your occasional exceptions to the rule, most of them looking to total thier vehicles. Why I think I still got a Miata stuck somewhere in my undercarrage.

Yes while not the most relaible trucks on the road their $50-$60K Price tag should be an indication that service cost will naturally be much higher and more freequent than say a 350 Chevy Truck. It is my opinion they are the best ride and pack the biggest punch. If you want to enjoy driving while in a truck, your best bet is a Ford Truck.

So anyone else care to disagree with me on this one?

__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

Mahindra.... if you want a good diesel truck... a Mahindra is in yur future....

__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

I'm sorry Pogo however a truck made in India has no intrest to me. I checked it out and I can only say that you MUST be joking with us. The Mahindra is about the most UGLY truck I have ever seen outside of trucks like the Chevy LUV and the other Jap trucks.



Please tell me you are joking Pogo...

__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

The Mahindra would suit you just fine.... I imagine that you we be quite a "dashing" figure perched in the operators seat of one of these trucks....

Yep... you sound just like the look on your avatars face....

__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

Pogo must be looking for a new truck because before he mentioned it, I never even heard of a Mahindra let alone a Mahindra diesel truck.

No, Im just fine in my F250 PSD. Personally I do not buy Asian cars. Pogo you seem like the kind of guy who would work at a Ford Truck dealer and then drive an Asain truck. It seems to fit you more.



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

Shows what you know, poohawk....

While you brag up European cars, I remain unpretentious.... There's been a Ford truck in my driveway since before you were a drunken gleam in your Daddys eye....

But you have opened a door that, perhaps, you might better have left closed...

Part of what got you into this pickle is "Well, I never heard of that...". And, here we are... Your motto, apparently, is "well I never heard of that"....

You didn't know that ITEC (the parent company for Navistar) builds the PowerStroke diesel... It would be difficult to find someone that hasn't heard the Ford and Navistar are severing their ties... Whoops.... doesn't apply to F650 and bigger... F650 doesn't use the 6.0 PSD - it uses the VT365 - same thing yet different...

Anyway.... it would also surprise you that Mahindra and ITEC are entering into a joint venture... Probably wont mean much to you and I.... BUT.....


Some of us apply ourselves to our careers... we learn what we can, we keep an eye on industry trends and we satisfy our customers... we try to be sure that we aren't ever surprised....

Others are constantly amazed by the things seen.... HEUI injection systems, PVH solenoids, transfer case shift motors (that have been around for a fucking decade).

Never heard of Mahindra? As a business owner, the last thing you should ever do at 5 o'clock is turn your brain off.... Shit... now I have presupposed that, at 8 AM you turned it on....

__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

I think I had it covered when I said "I dont mess with Asian vehicles". But now since I have said that a friend of mine needs his Dodge Stealth RT Twin Turbo checked out with the computer. Says his check engine light is on, and that he has the ocassional bogging. See what you have done now Pogo!?

Hey Pogo, you arent by chance that cocksucker known and Chan on PowerStroke.org are ya? LOL Cuz if you were, that would be pretty effing funny. Considering how I tore him a new asshole on Powerstroke.org.

Anyway back to the matter at hand... I dont think I care for the looks of that truck, even if they did stick an International motor in the damn thing I still wouldnt want it sitting in my driveway. What can I say? In this market even International is looking to make a few extra bucks. I wonder if they will unleash a beast of burden on them for the first few years as well? Maybe they just like the aftermarket parts sales International will generate for them. Who knows and you know what... Who cares. Yeah I said it, I could give a rats ass about that import.

Pogo sounds like a company mouth peice for Mahindra... Someone pour that man a pint of rice!

This is what I have to say about your POS Mahindra, (Note my feelings are best expressed by the idiot standing up in the bed)



-- Edited by SELLC on Sunday 19th of April 2009 04:10:22 AM

__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

You just don't have the foggiest fucking idea, do you? I am who I am and I'm certainly nobodies "mouthpiece".

I imagine that your gratuiitous little ramble about the Dodge is supposed to have us all in awe of your "prowess"... Ask Hillbilly about the Viper, the Vette or maybe the stroker that I am currently assembling... ooohhhh - two cars and a motor... no big deal, wiener.

FWIW, learning about something BEFORE you cost someone a whole bunch of money may not sound manly to some... but, as you are finding out with your not so simple truck, it is the sane thing to do...

As for Mahindra? One never knows what the future may hold...

Man, I can't wait to see you looking for the power steering pump on a late model Escape...



__________________
Anonymous

Date:

SELLC wrote:

 even if they did stick an International motor in the damn thing I still wouldnt want it sitting in my driveway. 


Guess what asshole you still have a IH in your driveway. Still designed and still built by IH. By the way you preach about the Asians how about the Nazi Squared Head Bastards that built your Benz sitting in America??? No difference to me??? But don't preach to the church of the Fords about who makes what...

 



__________________


User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52SDopaMZY

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

Anonymous wrote:

Guess what asshole you still have a IH in your driveway. Still designed and still built by IH. By the way you preach about the Asians how about the Nazi Squared Head Bastards that built your Benz sitting in America??? No difference to me??? But don't preach to the church of the Fords about who makes what...


An IH huh? And just what are you telling us, that IH stands for International Harvister? Because the last time I checked there was no harvister on my truck.

Church of the Fords? I fail to see why anyone would bring up a POS ricer, but if it makes you feel better go ahead and rip on the Germans some more.

 



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

I need to poop.

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

SELLC wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Guess what asshole you still have a IH in your driveway. Still designed and still built by IH. By the way you preach about the Asians how about the Nazi Squared Head Bastards that built your Benz sitting in America??? No difference to me??? But don't preach to the church of the Fords about who makes what...


An IH huh? And just what are you telling us, that IH stands for International Harvister? Because the last time I checked there was no harvister on my truck.

Church of the Fords? I fail to see why anyone would bring up a POS ricer, but if it makes you feel better go ahead and rip on the Germans some more.

 



Just for the sake of some accuracy...

 International Harvester (harvEster, poohawk... more on that importance in a bit) filed bankruptcy many, many years ago.... farm equipment isn't a high profit industry. The restructure saw the birth of International Truck and Engine Corporation (ITEC) which became the parent of Navistar... The diesel in 'your' truck is a Navistar diesel...

But all of this is freely available information and should be no surprise to an expert such as yourself....

As for Asian, it might surprise you as to how much Asian technology is involved in General Motors efforts through their association with Isuzu... naw.... you knew all that, already....

How about Navistars involvement with Renault.... awwww, but you knew that too, princess...

The importance of spelling and reading correctly.... is that 0.010? or is that 0.100? or maybe 0.001? Dog, I nkith ouy aer ckeduf!!!!



__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

We are all marveled by your book smarts Pogo, but unless we are talking about your "playboy" collection, your hands on is lacking.


__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

SELLC wrote:

We are all marveled by your book smarts Pogo, but unless we are talking about your "playboy" collection, your hands on is lacking.



And you would know this because???? 

It is inflammatory, unfounded statements like this that will haunt you for a long time to come...

By your standards, the act of replacing a sensor or actuator is more important than knowing which actuator or sensor to replace.. am I correct? Book smarts is what helps me determine what I will do next....

For hands on? You don't know jack shit....


 



__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

Perhaps once you pull your head out your ass we can move past this lame game you like to play. You know, the one where you diagnose vehicles over the Internet without even seeing them. Clearly you missed the sarcasim.


__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

I have, on occasion, offered advice... what to check next... what seems to be a common or pattern failure.... I make no guarrantys or calims of accuracy...

However... I recall where "someone" in a professional capacity was actively seeking advice from an amateur web forum....

So... you think I am abhorrent because I "offer" advice for free on some of these forums.... but you are superior because you seek it.... from places where those like me might..... MIGHT.... offer it.  Or those unlike me that might say "DUH.... dah las' time muh truck wuz in dah shop, they replaced 12 grand worth of shit an' kep' mah truck".

Did your parents have any kids that lived?

__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

Any forum or member whom tries to suggest replacing parts without the knowledge of testing said parts/systems should have been an indication in of itself and as such you are an active member of the aformentioned amateur site.

I think it's enuff said.




-- Edited by SELLC on Wednesday 6th of May 2009 08:19:04 AM

__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

WOW!!!! Is this the same guy that actively sought the advice of amateur DIYers in the pursuit of repairing someones truck in a professional manner? I bet that some upstart lawyer making a point and the guy that used to own your truck could turn that into a windfall....

You may have noticed that the number of posts to this fleabag hotel have dropped off again...

mostly because you have proven yourself bereft of moral fiber, devoid of integrity and determined to offer your customers as little as possible in exchange for exhorbitant charges...

I'm bad for recounting pattern failures or requesting that test steps be performed before I offer more advice??? However, you feel you are vindicated in your devious actions for seeking the advice of people whose only connection to your problem is what they imagine a real mechanic once told them...

Pathetic is a word that comes to mind..... you have no scruples... no morals... and no integrity.... Your only defence is a feeble offence....

__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

Windfall? I think the term "Windbag" is more fitting when speaking about you.

Maybe you should get the facts straight before YOU'ER  inflammatory and unfounded statements haunt you for a long time to come.

You have offered NOTHING to this forum in terms of technical advice and I am willing to BET the same holds true to any other forum you freequent.


Just what are you trying to say Pogo? Are you too much of a pussy to say it? Just tell people your a stooge for the dealer and you get paid peanuts. Do you even own a Ford truck with an International Diesel engine Pogo? I guess not, and that is the sole reason you are in here acting like a jealous little bratt. Go eat some more fried rice Chan!

When you get a clue, come back and see us.



-- Edited by SELLC on Friday 8th of May 2009 03:14:19 PM

__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

Ermmmm....... actually, PooHawk... Chan is a pretty nice guy over the phone... Yep... talked to him a couple of times... We are a couple of time zones apart.

As for anything else.. you are doing it again... you are busting my chops because I know your truck and you don't.... Worse yet, I'm trying to help you understand your truck (as are a bunch of others) and you are going to try and piss on their boots...

Let's digress.... I'm a dick for answering questions but you are a prince because you ask them?.... even though you have already told your customer (by accepting the job) that you are fluent in PSD-speak.... If we visit a doctor, we expect that he will be familiar with the human body.... If we visit a computer repair outlet, we expect that they are familiar with the product.... if we go to a buthcer shop, we expect that the guy behind the counter can tell a pig from a cow from a chicken....

Poser..... pretender.... charlatan..... these are only some of the terms used to describe this sort of behaviour.

You continually tell me I am low paid.... OK..... I'll bet that I paid as much in taxes as you paid your techs for the whole year..... I feel bad because I "shorted" myself this year.... I only put 10G in my retirement plan (I'm a lot closer to that than Chan is.... honest). You have no idea and you are flailing blindly.... pretty fucking unattractive, you know....

Rex... get with the fucking parade... stop pretending to be what you aren't.... learn your limitations (remember that I wont pretend to know MB enough to be an "expert") and work within them....

You notice that your site traffic has gone down... you have become tiresome..... we all know what your response will be.... and it doesn't look good for your victims.... oops. I meant customers....





__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

PogoPossum wrote:

Ermmmm....... actually, PooHawk... Chan is a pretty nice guy over the phone... Yep... talked to him a couple of times... We are a couple of time zones apart.

It figures, you both seem stuck on yourself, both of you think your king shit Ford. I think many will agree that a dealer tech is a dealer tech. A dealer tech is the equivalent of a Factory Rat on steriods. The mood swings and violent outbirst are clear tell tale signs you Rats are roided out.

As for anything else.. you are doing it again... you are busting my chops because I know your truck and you don't.... Worse yet, I'm trying to help you understand your truck (as are a bunch of others) and you are going to try and piss on their boots...

Busting your chops? I bet they truly are a big set of chops too. Likley take me several years to bust that much chop. I understand you THINK your helping, however witholding the truth regarding actual repair cost to bring such vehicles that have been poorly maintained back to reliable and good running order will only result in your shooting yourself in the foot once more. So really you are pissing on your own boots, and all your friends as well. I bet they love when you piss on them, you are a odd buch, and you seem pretty close knit. Lucky for you everyone is equally worthless here, regardless of their sexual orentation, race or gender.

Let's digress.... I'm a dick for answering questions but you are a prince because you ask them?.... even though you have already told your customer (by accepting the job) that you are fluent in PSD-speak.... If we visit a doctor, we expect that he will be familiar with the human body.... If we visit a computer repair outlet, we expect that they are familiar with the product.... if we go to a buthcer shop, we expect that the guy behind the counter can tell a pig from a cow from a chicken....

Once more, I am not a butcher, I am not a Doctor. I am a Mechanic. I can tell you that working on a big ass Ford F250 is much more wear and tear on the body, than say a lower to the ground Mercedes that does not require gymastic lessons to perform some tasks, short of pulling the cab. So yes I do feel trucks are more of a pain in the ass than cars. No two people, chickens, cows or butchers are the exact same, but they all eat, sleep, shit, drink and breath. Just like an internal combustion engine.  Are you suggesting that you have re-invented the wheel with your text-book knowledge Pogo?

Poser..... pretender.... charlatan..... these are only some of the terms used to describe this sort of behaviour.

Poser? Pretender? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL OF TRUCK YOU DRIVE/OWN.

You continually tell me I am low paid.... OK..... I'll bet that I paid as much in taxes as you paid your techs for the whole year..... I feel bad because I "shorted" myself this year.... I only put 10G in my retirement plan (I'm a lot closer to that than Chan is.... honest). You have no idea and you are flailing blindly.... pretty fucking unattractive, you know....

Oh here he goes beating his chest once more. Im not good with stock, and I think giving my money to someone else to invest is a good way to loose it. I cant help with your retirement portfolio.


Rex... get with the fucking parade... stop pretending to be what you aren't.... learn your limitations (remember that I wont pretend to know MB enough to be an "expert") and work within them....

Chan/Pogo/Whomever you are, go ahead and call me by first name, because you know I am not hiding behind a screen name. I would consider myself an expert mechanic. Unlike you my skills are not limited to just one manufacture, even then you are not a MASTER of all things Ford. You are a specialty mechanic. Make your money, but quit trying to act like your the only one whom can.


You notice that your site traffic has gone down... you have become tiresome..... we all know what your response will be.... and it doesn't look good for your victims.... oops. I meant customers....

I myself enjoy a forum filled with technical bickering with 80% of it being over the heads of the vast majority. Im not looking for traffic dick head. If I were do you think I would be calling you a dick head? It looks very good for my customers, and anyone whom has ever been to the dealer knows that chances of getting in over your head in repair cost is MUCH higher at the dealer. What you fail to realize Pogo is that the customer had a FLEET ACCOUNT and ran it to the limit over time.
Just like a charge card, but his truck was the collateral. When the payments started falling off, the truck was kept inside. You try tying up a bay securing a customer non-pay for over 90+ days and tell me how much that would cost the shop?

You just come in here to pull my chain. Everyone knows your an arrogant dealer rat. Just read your own post every once in awhile.


Pogo Says-

"I "offer" advice for free on some of these forums.... but you are superior because you seek it.... from places where those like me might..... MIGHT.... offer it. 

SELLC Says-

PLEASE NIGGA!

 



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



Veteran Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

Chan/Pogo/Whomever you are, go ahead and call me by first name, because you know I am not hiding behind a screen name. I would consider myself an expert mechanic. Unlike you my skills are not limited to just one manufacture, even then you are not a MASTER of all things Ford. You are a specialty mechanic. Make your money, but quit trying to act like your the only one whom can.


Oh My God! Rex I aways knew you had a few screws loose, now I am wondering if you need to go to a mental instittution period!
Chan and Pogo are 2 different people!
How do I know this? Because Pogo is a friend and Chan (AKA Disgruntled) is my hubby!
I haven`t posted in a long time but I am always reading what is being posted here, by the looks of it you haven`t learned yet and I doubt you ever will!



-- Edited by Ford Girl on Sunday 10th of May 2009 09:43:32 PM

__________________
Just because  you can't fix it, doesn't mean you should steal it!


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date:

Pogo is suggesting that you are so fucking full of yourself it hurts...

Big ass F250? Come on.. it's only a pick up truck and there are a lot of guys that work on them.... every fucking day.... and they don't hang around and tie up the bay because they get fixed...

Oddly, we use knowledge to accomplish this. As for not being a butcher.... you have established something there already. Had you possessed a little knowledge, you would have set your sights squarely on the ICP early in the going....

After the fact, you get all blustery and try telling PSD techs how the system works... (doing a poor job of that, too). Several times, through this whole deal, you have prevaricated, obfuscated and tried redirecting questions rather than answering them... At one point you stated that you had excellent repair documentation, and later disproved it with other statements you made.

T'ain't no big thing.... except that you lost sight of your customer... you were so busy trying to prove you were such a diesel guru, that you forgot you were a neophyte.

I have never insinuated that I have re-invented the wheel.... however, I will aver that knowing ones skills and limitations is wise and prudent. One needs to remember that, through all of this, ones customer needs to be seen as the most important entity... Without our customers, we are nothing...

Book knowledge isn't a replacement for skills and talents... but without that knowledge and learning, skills and talents will remain misdirected and virtually useless... but you proved that already.

Young fella... I've been doing this since before your brothers were running down your mommas leg.... Quite successfully, I might add. I might even opine that I have customers that have been coming to me since before your jewels dropped...

Bottom line.... yeah, dealerships charge more per hour... but only a conceited, "I have something to prove" independant could waste that much time on one truck.... Add - you state that your shop is ever so busy....

Why, in Gods name, if your shop is as busy as you infer, would you take yourself away from the stuff you know, the stuff you can make money at and devote so much time to a truck that you didn't know and, apparently, were not prepared to learn about.

I have to think that someone is full of bullshit... and that bullshit rubs off oin the rest of us...

If you were as smart as you claim to be, you would specialize in what you know for fact and shy away from those things you don't know....

Only three kinds of people work on what-ever comes through the door.... prositutes, lawyers and starving people....

Lose the fucking attitude and you might have a chance....

Oh.... yeah - my name ain't Chan.... But you, sir..... are a fucking wiener.

-- Edited by GrampyJim on Tuesday 12th of May 2009 12:22:55 AM

__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

How many profiles do you need GrampyJim.... Er... I mean Pogo...

We can all tell its you Pogo, from the way you type.



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

We already knew that :P

lol

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date:

My God... how many profiles do YOU need? You always sound aghast at others actions... yet you, unwaveringly, feel that when you do it, it is "business as usual".

You seek advice from amateurs.. and you feel that makes you good... Some of us offer advice to amateurs and that makes us bad...

For a while, I was Pogo... and that makes me bad... but you are Stellar something, umneyr, sellc and God knows what else... and that makes you good... You have an odd sense of right and wrong... selective in application... and baffling as to logic...

You are a conumdrum....

FWIW, in Alberta, Canada, we have a legal instrument known as the Garagemans Lien Act. In the case that a customers bill remains unpaid, I can register a lien against that vehicle... this will make the vehicle unsellable until the lien has been cleared. Using the lien, I can get an order of siezure against the vehicle and have it towed to my facility... I cannot, however, retain possession of that vehicle. I must sell it for fair market value. I get to keep what is owed to me (a signed work order is required) plus costs (invoices must be supplied). The previous owner gets what-ever is left.





__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

Because I have been a member since 2006 and have performed numerous administration tasks for vehicle specific catagories is why I may have more than one profile. I can count the months you have been a member here on one hand.

I think calling you Bi-Polar was being nice PogoJimmy... I think we should kick it up a notch to plain old nut case.

I am glad to hear about your Garagekeepers instuments there in Canada, however what would happen if when you were to sell the vehicle, no one wanted to buy it? Seems your laws are a little screwed up over there, and that could explain why YOU are the way YOU are.

I dont know what your problem is, but you do a very good job of making Canadian mechanics look like pompus weiners. No offence Angry Hillbilly, but for all we know you could be him as well. LOL What will really prove you are nuts is when we can prove you are Ford Girl, then we can be safe in our assumptions that your a homo as well.



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date:

My God.... and you wonder why the rest of the world shoots at Americans.

Pogo was a cartoon strip from the 50's and 60's... Walt Kelly, the strips author, had an amazing grasp of both the world and where America fit into that world. In one strip Pogo proclaimed "I have seen the enemy.... and he is us....". However, some pompous Americans decided that they were indeed better than the rest of us... Isn't it interesting that coffins are a major military cargo?

Me? A pompous wiener? I will wear that cloak proudly.... I AM a pompous wiener...and my customers are happy that I am... I will forever strive to be better than the "next guy"... you make this part easy... it ain't hard to be better than a guy that will lie about anything and everything.

If I have a problem, it lies with those pretenders that imagine they can fix anything... they can do it without prior knowledge... they can do it without prior experience... rather than answer a question, they deflect it....

At this point,I fail to see why I am still involved (the perennial optimist, I guess)... You feel that having a box full of tools and "attitude" is all you need... In reality, the biggest problem with the automotive repair industry comes from those with a box full of tools and "attitude".

Yes... I AM a dink.... I am the guy you pray that will never talk to YOUR customer....

Anyway...have fun with this post... you and I are about done....



__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

GrampyJim wrote:

My God.... and you wonder why the rest of the world shoots at Americans.

Id like to know when I have ever raised the question of why America is the most powerful country in the world. Nor have I ever cast any doubt that America is the best. I may have my doubts about the current Administration, however I am more than sure he wont make a 2nd term, sort of like how everyone knew you wouldnt hack it as an independent shop owner, and as such you went to the dealer in an effort to fill all the gaps in your skill. The only problem that you have now is the fact you still cant turn a wrench to save your life, and no book is going to change that.

Pogo was a cartoon strip from the 50's and 60's... Walt Kelly, the strips author, had an amazing grasp of both the world and where America fit into that world. In one strip Pogo proclaimed "I have seen the enemy.... and he is us....". However, some pompous Americans decided that they were indeed better than the rest of us... Isn't it interesting that coffins are a major military cargo?

I was well aware of Pogo, and I even posted a photo of a Pogo catroon magazine. Clearly Walt Kelly did not have a very good grasp of where America fits into the world, as his work was never carried on and dies with him. Funny that you mention Coffins, and I would assume you are reffering to the mass production of FEMA Coffins that are stock piled for emercencies where as we have an obligation to dispose of bodies in a dignified mannor. Im sure you preffer deep trenches and lime. And yes they must have gotten one hell of a cost break getting all them coffins produced in one mass production, however rather than view it as a negative, I will instead realize the the days of wasting money for the rest of the world to catch up are OVER, and I think it can be felt just about everywhere in the world. If Canada was to tank, I doubt it would have much of an effect on the "Global Economy".

Me? A pompous wiener? I will wear that cloak proudly.... I AM a pompous wiener...and my customers are happy that I am... I will forever strive to be better than the "next guy"... you make this part easy... it ain't hard to be better than a guy that will lie about anything and everything.

You are a pompous wiener, and I am aware that you wish to wear that title proudly. I am also tired of hearing about your happy customers that could not see you thru the ownership and sucessful operation of your own business. I bet when your customers have a car/truck problem the first thing that they wonder is "Where is Pogo working this month"? LOL

I know you WISH you were better than me, and thats why YOU must lie about anything and everything. There is a reason your a glorified service writer, that reason is that your no good as a wrench, you lack people skills, and even though you cant walk the walk, you can talk it. I understand there are not many that can see thru your bullshit, however may I remind you that I was Born into this business, your ass was just sworn in, most likley because your ass just wouldnt go away.
I dont lie about anything, and the fact that I perform repairs and modifications outside the box is PROOF that I have a level of comfort in my craft that you may never know.
 

If I have a problem, it lies with those pretenders that imagine they can fix anything... they can do it without prior knowledge... they can do it without prior experience... rather than answer a question, they deflect it....

Your problem is with that of yourself Pogo. There are many other technicians like you out there that fake it every day too. They read the same things as the good techs, "YET THEY JUST DONT GET IT". You dont seem to "GET IT" either. Once again I urge you to spend more time learning the theory behind the Internal Combustion engine, once you "GET IT" you might understand my answers, and yes there is more than one way to skin a Possum, meaning there are many diffrent ways to ignite many diffrent kinds of fuels, there are many diffrent ways to transfer this power (most all using a reciprocating gear), and yes there are many diffrent ways to control the flow and enrichment of fuel. So please spare me your lies about lack of prior knowledge and know that whenever you feel that I have "Deflected" a question, the answer just shot right over your head.  

At this point,I fail to see why I am still involved (the perennial optimist, I guess)... You feel that having a box full of tools and "attitude" is all you need... In reality, the biggest problem with the automotive repair industry comes from those with a box full of tools and "attitude".

I dont either. I thought you were here to offer your text book smarts for real mechanics to improve themselfs, however all I have seen is a bunch of back stabbing, multiple personalitiy distorders and a bitter old man whom lacks the ability to turn the wrench himself anymore. You will do well to study this old saying, "THE TOOLS DONT MAKE THE MECHANIC".

Yes... I AM a dink.... I am the guy you pray that will never talk to YOUR customer....

I think its the other way around Pogo... You Pray that I will never talk to your customers. You are not an independent mechanic and you work for Ford, so them customers are really not YOURS. They are there because they like Henery Ford, not the never ending BS of Pogo Possum. Really, what are the percentages of folks whom return to the dealer for work outside of warranty anyway? You best not piss me off Pogo, Ford could hire me to be your overlaping labor opperations director, and boy would I ever crawl up your ass.

A dink? Well you got me there... I dont know what a dink is, maybe its one of them Canadian terms, A? I am willing to BET that if I knew just who YOU were, we could find a lot of your customers whom may tell us some stories about you. Most of my customers are too busy driving their cars to fiddle around in here, and the ones that arent must be the people whom were expecting great things for free. I admit there are a few people in this world whom have the CASH to contract me to PERFORM jobs that are very complex but I work on an hourly commision rate. I quote a job and thats what its going to cost, regardless what happens, or the amount of time it takes me to perform the task. Once finished with a repair I expect to be paid. Furthermore if the work I am doing for you is of a "Performance" nature and does not appear in any labor guides "YOU MUST PAY UPFRONT" and I dont expect people to question my diagnossis because they can not afford the repairs, if I tell someone they need X X and X and they order me to do Y Y and Y, then thats not my problem.  Some people just know it all and wont listen, yourself included.


Anyway...have fun with this post... you and I are about done....

I dont think it was very fun. You just took 30 mins of my time. Time I could have been polishing a crank or grinding on some heads. I had to spend the time because our company runs this forum, and we dont feel your actions are geniune. I for one feel that your very mis-informed. You mentioned a user by the name of UmneyR and tried to imply that I was he. You are wrong. UmneyR is a MASTER Tech, can fix any car that comes thru the door. If you have the money, he has the time. Its likley he's been fixing cars since before you were a gooey mess running down your mommas leg. Unlike you he still runs his own Auto-Repair Business at a very ripe old age. He dont sit behind a desk either, he's got that perma grease on the ole' thumb. Also showed me much of what I know, and that is likley 100% more than you could ever dream of knowing. Did I also mention that he founded Auto-Trend Repairs and Service in 1980 with nothing more than a coffee table? I think it makes you look like quite a pussy Pogo... Here is a question for YOU PogoJimmy.... Did you ever have any kids? That lived? 

I sure hope you and I are about done. Your just wasting my time.
 





-- Edited by SELLC on Thursday 21st of May 2009 03:31:29 PM

__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date:

http://www.pogopossum.com/

No wonder some of the long departed contributors used fucktard and other endearing terms of description for you....



__________________


User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

Dink

Appropriate for males only, a specific type of "Asshole", a Dink is an asshole that is not only contemptible, but commands no respect, and is incapable of posing any conceivable threat to a stronger person (physically, intellectually, spiritually, or in any other sense).

"That guy's not even worthy of being called an asshole. He's just a dink. My grandmother could whip him."

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Date:

dieselhybrid.jpg


Woaw!  I can feel the tension here guys... ***chill*** :D
By the way,  this Mahindra truck is not also my type.  I'll still remain loyal with my F-250.  Still having fun driving it :D

__________________




OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8256
Date:

That Mahindra looks to be Ford's version of the once was Chevy LUV. And we all know how popular that truck was in the US.

LOL!



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard