Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Today's interesting BenzWorld.org thread!


Guru Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:
Today's interesting BenzWorld.org thread!


I'm guessing the "next Icarus" thinks that if anyone would come out and bash Benzworld or McLiar, they must be part of this forum. It was interesting for me to see haters of that guy come out of the woodwork when I had my issues.

__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8667
Date:

I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences.

There will no doubt be others who will benefit from this knowledge as time goes on. 

In the mean time, keep a look out for that next interesting BenzWorld.org thread! 

Should you have extra time, this thread is the be-all of BW buffoonery.. And absolute classic - infamous even!

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1303810-good-news-me-pics-added.html

 



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

fonzi wrote:

One thing I can say is that a different top level mod reinstated me and didn't seem to agree with the other top level mod. So, they may have some infighting at the top most moderator levels, not all bad. My opinion: w126 sub-forum bad.



-- Edited by fonzi on Sunday 24th of September 2017 11:27:30 AM



-- Edited by fonzi on Sunday 24th of September 2017 11:30:36 AM


 I have an acquaintance who is also a recent-past BW moderator, though on a non-126 and non-107 forum there. He left his moderatorship of his own volition, because the lunacy there overall just got to him over the years. (Smart man!!).

Anyway, from my conversations with him, yes there is a fair bit of disagreement and conflict within the hierarchy of moderators there.  I don't know how it works, but there are definitely some disgruntled moderators who try to do the right thing and are foiled/over-ruled by the "few" who seem to hold most of the power. I don't care, as I've been banned from Banzworld for 7+ years now.  But I have run my own forum for nearly 9 years now, with more than 7,000 members, and I have had a few folks over the years who are real nut-jobs.  You deal with them and move on; I usually give people one warning. 

SELLC, you do have an account on my forum and it's certainly active. The account has "Registered User" status which is a normal member.  I believe it's under the name "Sellc" even and you've posted using it in the recent past -- my records show that your last login was Aug 29, 2017 and last post was in December 2015. 

Cheers,
Gerry



__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

fonzi wrote:

I'm guessing the "next Icarus" thinks that if anyone would come out and bash Benzworld or McLiar, they must be part of this forum. It was interesting for me to see haters of that guy come out of the woodwork when I had my issues.


 There are quite a few people out there who McLardass has burned/shafted/insulted over the years, that's for sure. Did you see his recent footer and the attitude about women it portrayed?  At least if you're going to carry those attitudes in today's world, don't advertise it on your shirt-sleeve!!  But McLiar is too boorish to realize what he's even doing in that regard.

The BW moderators make quite sure that any hint of dissent or calling out McLardass or other "protected regulars" over there is immediately squelched by ~BANNING~ or the thread is deleted. They suppress free speech involving their favored people -- which IMHO makes the moderators (particularly Tootone and Mohammed Grillz the Polish Prince) far worse than even McLardass.

The only thing I've been able to discern, is that somehow McLiar has some sort of leverage over one or more of the BW moderators (one of the more powerful ones), and this allows him protection somehow.



__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8667
Date:

gerryvz wrote:


 

SELLC, you do have an account on my forum and it's certainly active. The account has "Registered User" status which is a normal member.  I believe it's under the name "Sellc" even and you've posted using it in the recent past -- my records show that your last login was Aug 29, 2017 and last post was in December 2015. 

Cheers,
Gerry


 I can tell you with absolute certainty that I did not log on to your forum at all this year... So maybe you have another SELLC on your board.



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 1055
Date:

SELLC wrote:
gerryvz wrote:


 

SELLC, you do have an account on my forum and it's certainly active. The account has "Registered User" status which is a normal member.  I believe it's under the name "Sellc" even and you've posted using it in the recent past -- my records show that your last login was Aug 29, 2017 and last post was in December 2015. 

Cheers,
Gerry


 I can tell you with absolute certainty that I did not log on to your forum at all this year... So maybe you have another SELLC on your board.


 Interesting...

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5095&p=115325#post115325

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2452&p=115143#post115143

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8998&p=115141#post115141

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5082&p=114886#post114886

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5082&p=114787#post114787

Well, if it's not you, then I'm going to de-activate the account as a Rex impostor.

Sounds a bit like Rastus, IMHO.

Cheers,
Gerry

 

 



__________________


Guru Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1704309-todays-amusing-craigslist-bargain.html

Post 10145 - he surely knows it's me. Stir the pot

Post 10147 - bondovi (who i took the time to explain myself to in the whole mcliar drama) sets the record straight, and steps aside.

Post 10148 - HE says "don't start nuthin", when he was the one that started it

Post 10151 - He continues to critique my bogus ad that he should know was posted as a favor to Kalifornia, as if I was really trying to sell the car.

Post 10155 - He calls me shady and then seems to continue to pick a fight.  

GreenT is a POS too eh?

i really think that the w126 just has a bunch of bad seeds in it. People hang out there long enough and become friends with people that seem to truly be bad people.  The moderators of that forum seem to mostly protect their buddies I guess.  



-- Edited by fonzi on Sunday 24th of September 2017 10:16:29 PM

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 1491
Date:

gerryvz wrote:
SELLC wrote:
gerryvz wrote:


 

SELLC, you do have an account on my forum and it's certainly active. The account has "Registered User" status which is a normal member.  I believe it's under the name "Sellc" even and you've posted using it in the recent past -- my records show that your last login was Aug 29, 2017 and last post was in December 2015. 

Cheers,
Gerry


 I can tell you with absolute certainty that I did not log on to your forum at all this year... So maybe you have another SELLC on your board.


 Interesting...

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5095&p=115325#post115325

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2452&p=115143#post115143

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8998&p=115141#post115141

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5082&p=114886#post114886

http://www.500eboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5082&p=114787#post114787

Well, if it's not you, then I'm going to de-activate the account as a Rex impostor.

Sounds a bit like Rastus, IMHO.

Cheers,
Gerry

 

 


 

Yes, it is me Gerry, you guessed correctly. It got slow around here a few years ago, & after questioning what happened to you, was advised to check-out your forum for myself...

Anyhow, after realizing that both SELLC & PowerStroker were banned over your way, I thought I'd humor myself & see how long before I received the same banning, since I used Sellc as my user-name...However, I'm still active LOL !

That picture of ex-President Obama on Mt.Rushmore was a classic !



__________________


OUT-OF-HAND

Status: Offline
Posts: 8667
Date:

Yes I vaguely recall us having a chuckle about that.. That was awhile ago, 2015!

So Rastus was catfish noodling on Gerry's board... lol..

So it just proves my original account was deleted if Rastus was able to register another SELLC account on Gerry's board... I'll have to look for the thread, but I know it was probably pre 2015.

 



__________________

State of Michigan Certified Master Auto Mechanic +2

Specialty Certified Since 1994



Guru Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

fonzi wrote:

www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1704309-todays-amusing-craigslist-bargain.html

Post 10145 - he surely knows it's me. Stir the pot

Post 10147 - bondovi (who i took the time to explain myself to in the whole mcliar drama) sets the record straight, and steps aside.

Post 10148 - HE says "don't start nuthin", when he was the one that started it

Post 10151 - He continues to critique my bogus ad that he should know was posted as a favor to Kalifornia, as if I was really trying to sell the car.

Post 10155 - He calls me shady and then seems to continue to pick a fight.  

GreenT is a POS too eh?

i really think that the w126 just has a bunch of bad seeds in it. People hang out there long enough and become friends with people that seem to truly be bad people.  The moderators of that forum seem to mostly protect their buddies I guess.  



-- Edited by fonzi on Sunday 24th of September 2017 10:16:29 PM


 GreenT continues to troll me pretty hard, jumping in on this thread after I mention the resident subforum troll.  He know's who is his.  LOL. 

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/2870657-need-help-insurance-eval-euro-gen2-3.html

 

 

 



-- Edited by fonzi on Thursday 28th of September 2017 09:46:41 AM



-- Edited by fonzi on Thursday 28th of September 2017 09:47:31 AM

__________________


Guru Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date:

They moderated out the above, probably due to the Finns comment.



Attachments
__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard