Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 2003 Powerstroke Diesel Frame Mounted FUEL PUMP


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:
2003 Powerstroke Diesel Frame Mounted FUEL PUMP


One time when I was on Powerstroke.org I was told that the fuel pump was located in the fuel tank. Still to this day I would like to get my hands on the fool that said that.

Truth is the fuel pump on the 2003 and up Powerstrokes is located on the frame just under the driver seat. This pump is somewhat easy to replace if you know what things look like. For this reason I am posting these photos of the pump, and the unit that the pump is enclosed in (also known as the water seperator). The pump is held in there by several small allen screws and there is a o-ring that you should be mindful of as well.


This is what the fuel pump looks like when removed.


This is the unit that the fuel pump is located in. This unit also serves as a water seperator.

Be mindful of all the lines and such when removing and installing. Also know that a fair amount of fuel will spill out once the unit has been removed.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

Proper workshop manuals will direct you in the right direction of component location. People that fly off information they get off of a PUBLIC INTERNET SITE to fix customer vehicles, and furthermore BILL THE CUSTOMER for their time to do so, perhaps should retain some training in repairing that particular vehicle.

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Big Angry Hillbilly wrote:

Proper workshop manuals will direct you in the right direction of component location. People that fly off information they get off of a PUBLIC INTERNET SITE to fix customer vehicles, and furthermore BILL THE CUSTOMER for their time to do so, perhaps should retain some training in repairing that particular vehicle.




Im sorry, you act like you know what the hell your talking about. Were you even there? Did you fail to read we found contaminates in the fuel system?

Perhaps you should put up or shut up. I am a certified and licenced mechanic, how about you? I bet not considering you need a workshop manual to pull a gas tank.

What you are saying further proves that Powerstroke.org is not a good place for acurate information. I have been saying this all along ever since they were purchased by an advertising firm. I am glad you agree and thank you for stoping in to share your thoughts. Just be sure you dont make ignorant assumptions about what we do. Truth be known we didnt charge the customer anything, at first we were just trying to get him down the road and out of our shop. We went to Powerstroke.org because we thought the people there had a clue. Once I realized the forum was full of ignorant people not even aware of the new owners being an advertisement firm I quit posting there. So what does everyone do? They started talking trash because I cut them off. You have to admit our post with over 4000 views was PROOF that Powerstroke.org is all talk and no action. Never have I seen anyone on there go out of their way to help someone with photos or step by step direction. I guess thats because many on there just want to talk about it.


__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

Wow... I feel the anger....

Anyway... where I live it gets pretty friggin' chilly... a few days at 40 below each winter but it always warms back up to -30 or so... no need for any fancy batteries.

I think what the guy said was that Powerstroke.org isn't  a good place to get info.

Look at it this way, I can't think of any North American built diesel pick up that has an in tank pump... If I was pulling a fuel tank expecting to find an in tank pump, once I discovered that there are only two wires in the plug, I'd think real hard about where I'm goin'.

The icing on the cake.... "Never have I seen anyone on there go out of their way to help someone with photos or step by step direction". That's what service manuals are for....

You remind me of Ralph....

__________________
STI

Date:

"and the unit that the pump is enclosed in (also known as the water seperator). "



The proper term is "Fuel conditioning Module" which in the 2003 also has the Fuel filter and Heater enclosed in the unit of which Ford did away with the Heater in later models.


__________________


User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

SELLC wrote:

 

Big Angry Hillbilly wrote:

Proper workshop manuals will direct you in the right direction of component location. People that fly off information they get off of a PUBLIC INTERNET SITE to fix customer vehicles, and furthermore BILL THE CUSTOMER for their time to do so, perhaps should retain some training in repairing that particular vehicle.




Im sorry, you act like you know what the hell your talking about. Were you even there? Did you fail to read we found contaminates in the fuel system?

Perhaps you should put up or shut up. I am a certified and licenced mechanic, how about you? I bet not considering you need a workshop manual to pull a gas tank.

What you are saying further proves that Powerstroke.org is not a good place for acurate information. I have been saying this all along ever since they were purchased by an advertising firm. I am glad you agree and thank you for stoping in to share your thoughts. Just be sure you dont make ignorant assumptions about what we do. Truth be known we didnt charge the customer anything, at first we were just trying to get him down the road and out of our shop. We went to Powerstroke.org because we thought the people there had a clue. Once I realized the forum was full of ignorant people not even aware of the new owners being an advertisement firm I quit posting there. So what does everyone do? They started talking trash because I cut them off. You have to admit our post with over 4000 views was PROOF that Powerstroke.org is all talk and no action. Never have I seen anyone on there go out of their way to help someone with photos or step by step direction. I guess thats because many on there just want to talk about it.

 




 Put up or shut up?

 

I'm a licensed mechanic. Certified, too, even. Guess what else? I'm a certified POWERSTROKE technician!

 

I don't need a workshop manual to pull a gas tank, but I'd be DAMN sure I verified fuel pump location before I went to the trouble of pulling it out. Pulling fuel tanks sucks.



__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?
STI

Date:

+1 Brother, If you don't know what hell your doing in the first place, don't start down grading things without knowing what hell your talking about. Maybe a Coffee table book would be a good thing here. Most first year trainee's have these. By the way how's work?

__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Seems you folks are taking offence to the fact I dont care for Vertical Scope aka Powerstroke.org. If you took offence then you must also agree things there have gone down in a serious way.

Im not asking anyone here for any help. I got tired of having to school people and get banned for it. Im not just talking about a Diesel forum, as I work with many makes and models. Im an independent.

I have worked for dealers. I have have worked for quicky brake job places, I have worked as a labor ops inspector for GM, I have sold very high end vehicles, and I currently own and opperate a repair shop. Im well aware that there is always someone better, but that can always change if I work hard at it.


__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

We're not bent outta shape that you don't like the monkey house.

That place is full of wieners.

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Like I said, always someone bigger and badder.

I could spend DAYS telling you crap about Verticle Scope, or however the hell they spell it. I am just so sick of their crap anymore. They are buying out forums left and right. Once that happens it turns into a real fine Monkey House... Really it turns into a giant TOOL BOX.

I just keep doing my work and trying my best to get helpful information out there.

This Vertical Scope thing goes pretty deep. As a forum owner I see certian things that many might not with regards to hosting and setting up forums. I been around since the old BBS days when I thought I was hauling ass at 300 baud. Ah.... The good old days....

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

Verticle Scope? WTF is that all about?

__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Well I can try and sum it all up with a short explanation however I will provide the links incase you want to waste hours reading about the web forum revolution.

Anyway Vertical Scope is an advertisement firm whom purchased out a whole lot of VBulletin car forums. They packed them all up real nice in one of their co-company platforms known and Autoforums.com

Anyway a long while back before all the popular forums were bought out by Vertical Scope and Internet Brands many of these now giant forums were AD free, not to mention folks could talk and shoot the $hit with little moderation. Since that time, it has all changed. Major Advertising, Asking for money to support an already giant conglomerate corporation and instead of the boss being a mechanic, your boss is now an Advertisement giant, who could really give a flying shit about anything but ratings.

Sure its the nature of the beast, however I choose not to support these a$$ holes. I'm sticking it to the man (whatever that means).

What bothered me the most is I would help lots of people, on MANY different forums, only to be banned when I corrected the rookies? Worse yet the forums would try and keep my post and photos while slandering me with a giant "banned" under my name. Thats when I started hosting my own photos, so that if that ever happened, I could take them away.

I say this so much I feel like a broken record, but I cant stand those people at Vertical Scope. Internet Brands is not much better.

http://autotrend.activeboard.com/index.spark?forumID=91042&p=3&topicID=18796452

That link above does a real fine job of summing things up however there are many more good ones. Unfortunately the crew from BenzWorld.org (Vertical Scope) has done a mighty fine job of burying them with F-U Rex threads within the AFR.



-- Edited by SELLC at 20:45, 2009-02-16

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

OK... now I'm getting a freaking headache. Somehow we have managed to take a thread about where a fuel pump is or isn't located and turned that into a "someone is out to get me" deal.




__________________


User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

Tinfoil hats for everyone!

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

PogoPossum wrote:

OK... now I'm getting a freaking headache. Somehow we have managed to take a thread about where a fuel pump is or isn't located and turned that into a "someone is out to get me" deal.



Yep.

Over deliver and under-promise. Thats what I always say.

My web cam has a tin-foil fruit snacks hat. It keeps prying eyes at bay.

I bet Angry is still using his Armadillo helmet.

The damn Powerstroke MOB is here to get me for telling/showing people where the fuel pump is! They dont like that stuff you know.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

To be honest with you, you pompous wiener... it isn't the Powerstroke crew out to get you....

It is far worse than that and goes well beyond any fear (real or imagined) that you have....

It is a group of Powerstroke techs.... factory trained and dedicated to their jobs that finds you and your tactics repulsive. We are the dealership guys you never expected... never even imagined would be hounding your ass...

The thread that got pulled? Yep... we all saw it. You hooped some poor asshole over for his truck. Everyone else was wrong and you were right...

Your family must be proud of you....

You have embarrassed me and you have embarrassed my peers....

This is your 15 minutes of fame.... nd it ain't real complimentary.....

However... if you really wish to redeem yourself, we can all assist in your edification.

-- Edited by PogoPossum at 02:25, 2009-02-20

__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

If you guys were really automotive techs then you would understand that I have to get paid for services/repairs. For you to say otherwise makes you all look like idiots.

So tell me, where do you work,? Because I want to bring my truck in for almost 10K worth of work and skip on paying the tab. Oh thats right, you people work for the dealer, and that means you still get paid by the dealer. Sorry to tell you but I DONT work for the dealer, and when a customer does not pay the bill the only means I have to collect is a mechanics lien.

You guys really just sound like a bunch of jealous spoon fed dealership techs. You have no idea what its like to make it on your own, without sap sucking the dealer and its customers.

You should ALL be ashamed of yourself, each and every one of you whom come in here thinking I dont have a right to get paid. I am fed up with this BS.

Maybe you guys should just quit sucking on the FoMoCo tit and open a business for yourself. Then come back here and ask me how I could take someones vehicle for not paying the bill.

I think you ALL have a lot to learn.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



Veteran Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

Furthermore, in NONE of your posts have you clearly indicated how in the hell the final repair total adds up to $12,999.99!!! Christ, a used 6.0L engine and the labour to replace it wouldn't even have cost that much!!! Even with the parts you have so far, and the labour to remove the fuel tank, I can't imagine how in the hell it would even come close to that!!!

The description of that thread is the epitome of the typical scenario that plays out in MY world as well. I take all the "shit" calls from these outside "garages" after they've hooped THEIR customers in unecessary parts (expensive ones too), and then I get the line,"I've already spent over $1200 of the customer's money and it still isn't fixed, can you help me out?" After a while, it gets under my skin that assclowns like you, unfamiliar with these vehicles are toying around in territory where you shouldn't be, and then expect me to fix your fuckups FOR FREE.

Now, I give you credit for making your IPR socket "tool". In many situations we have to improvise when the proper tool isn't readily available to us, as long as it doesn't come at the expense of a poor quality repair. I appreciate that you are an independent that works on MANY different brands (unlike like us dealership techs who work on ONE), and that you can never compete with the efficiency of a dealership tech doing the same repair. That's to be expected. BUT, when you find yourself into a repair that has gotten in WAY over your head, didn't the thought ever cross your mind that you could've just had the vehicle towed out to a dealer to repair, and pass on the cost to the customer? If that had happened, don't you think the losses you (and the customer) incurred would've been FAR less?

My one last question to you would be, DO YOU SLEEP WELL?

__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

disgruntled wrote:


Furthermore, in NONE of your posts have you clearly indicated how in the hell the final repair total adds up to $12,999.99!!! Christ, a used 6.0L engine and the labour to replace it wouldn't even have cost that much!!! Even with the parts you have so far, and the labour to remove the fuel tank, I can't imagine how in the hell it would even come close to that!!!

The description of that thread is the epitome of the typical scenario that plays out in MY world as well. I take all the "shit" calls from these outside "garages" after they've hooped THEIR customers in unecessary parts (expensive ones too), and then I get the line,"I've already spent over $1200 of the customer's money and it still isn't fixed, can you help me out?" After a while, it gets under my skin that assclowns like you, unfamiliar with these vehicles are toying around in territory where you shouldn't be, and then expect me to fix your fuckups FOR FREE.

Now, I give you credit for making your IPR socket "tool". In many situations we have to improvise when the proper tool isn't readily available to us, as long as it doesn't come at the expense of a poor quality repair. I appreciate that you are an independent that works on MANY different brands (unlike like us dealership techs who work on ONE), and that you can never compete with the efficiency of a dealership tech doing the same repair. That's to be expected. BUT, when you find yourself into a repair that has gotten in WAY over your head, didn't the thought ever cross your mind that you could've just had the vehicle towed out to a dealer to repair, and pass on the cost to the customer? If that had happened, don't you think the losses you (and the customer) incurred would've been FAR less?

My one last question to you would be, DO YOU SLEEP WELL?




I sleep well on nights that I am not working overtime burning the midnight oil.

I was never way over my head. I had been working on this truck for months prior to the major work and he was a customer for years prior. Yes there was a time when I had some questions, and I went to Powerstoke.org for clarification. That Clarification never came, and as usual I had to figure it out for myself. In doing so I took the time to take photos of the faulty/leaking sensors and posted them on Powerstroke.org. The thanks I got from Powerstroke.org was a banning. After that I didnt waste time  taking photos to help people whom were clearly not willing to help me.

Before I even visited Powerstroke.org for information on the sensors/regulator he was already 2-3 grand deep in service calls, batteries, starter, brakes, several oil changes, towing charges, filters, tires ect. Add in the near $2000 in storage + injectors, converter, labor, entire fuel system due to the contamination and you have 12G

You should also know that this customer drove over 10K miles on a single oil change! When we drained it the stuff come out like pudding, I mean it almost was like an arm coming out of there. It was so nasty it stuck to the side of our drain pan for WEEKS. (We were wondering just how long it would stay stuck to the sides dispite gravity, but it never moved!!)


To say we took $1200 which isnt the correct amount anyway, without having fix nothing is an absolute LIE.

Quote from Disgruntled-

"The description of that thread is the epitome of the typical scenario that plays out in MY world as well. I take all the "shit" calls from these outside "garages" after they've hooped THEIR customers in unecessary parts (expensive ones too), and then I get the line,"I've already spent over $1200 of the customer's money and it still isn't fixed, can you help me out?" After a while, it gets under my skin that assclowns like you, unfamiliar with these vehicles are toying around in territory where you shouldn't be, and then expect me to fix your fuckups FOR FREE."

Now why in the world would I have a truck towed to the dealer when he owed several thousand dollars for previous repairs? Why would I have it towed when each time it come in we repaired it, and it ran. I think you need to get off your dealership owned HIGH HORSE because I never requested my dealer to do anything but supply parts. Furthermore I did not throw parts at this vehicle, the repairs to the ICPR stoped his leak, the repair to the ICPS shut off the CEL light. There was no unecessary parts installed on this vehicle. And in the end it played out the same every time we made repairs, no payment, and new problems.

What really cost the most was the injectors, converter, turbo up-tube and labor, which was done at the end because he wanted to start with the least expensive stuff first. He was well aware of the cost for repairs however he was not aware of what the economy had in store for him.

So now do you have anything else to say? Or would you like me to help you pull your foot from your mouth? I dont see how any of this is your business, but since you keep going on about it I figured I would set you straight. Now will you quit being an ass?



-- Edited by SELLC at 00:18, 2009-02-21

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

SELLC wrote:


 


PogoPossum wrote:


OK... now I'm getting a freaking headache. Somehow we have managed to take a thread about where a fuel pump is or isn't located and turned that into a "someone is out to get me" deal.





Yep.

Over deliver and under-promise. Thats what I always say.

My web cam has a tin-foil fruit snacks hat. It keeps prying eyes at bay.

I bet Angry is still using his Armadillo helmet.

The damn Powerstroke MOB is here to get me for telling/showing people where the fuel pump is! They dont like that stuff you know.

 





No armadillo, but my buddy has a possum he found on the side of the road. He calls it Bitey.

And who in their right mind would leave guaranteed work (Ford diesels) to open their own show in this economy?

'Specially since you live fairly close to me, and I know how wonderfully diverse this economic area is.

 



__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

I can appreciate the Dealership mechanics possition with regards to a stable and lucrative job. I dont want to appear to be critisizing them, however when attacked I will defend. Delearship work, like all other work, has its goods and bads.

The bad economy really is GOOD for the independent mechanic. People are looking for cost friendly repairs, fixing their old vehicles and holding off on buying them new vehicles.
I am under the STRONG opinion this guy PowerStroke is some guy whom may be having similar problems with his truck and is pressing in an effort to find the soluition. If that was the case, all he needed to do was ask. The same goes for anyone else on here whom may need help or advice. I have almost a gig worth of photos relating to the many intricate repairs on this 6.0 Powerstroke. I edit and upload them to the server once every few months. The company currently sells a photo manual for the Corvette/Camaro/Firebird and Trans-Am (Gen II Engine) and also a photo manual for the 1986-1991 Mercedes-Benz W126 420/560. Keeping these publications current and such takes up a whole lot of time, however I am putting something together for the Powerstroke that should roll out sometime next year. Until then people can check back here to see it in the makings for free.

Hosting images and setting up information on our web site is KEY for ANYONE who wants to help on web forums. I dont even trust the people whom host this here web forum. While we run it, we dont host it. A company out of Canada does. For this reason we try and keep images safe on our server, and back up systems regularly.


I know I have rambled on somewhat off-topic, but it all goes to the problems I was speaking of above.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

SELLC wrote:


If you guys were really automotive techs then you would understand that I have to get paid for services/repairs. For you to say otherwise makes you all look like idiots.

So tell me, where do you work,? Because I want to bring my truck in for almost 10K worth of work and skip on paying the tab. Oh thats right, you people work for the dealer, and that means you still get paid by the dealer. Sorry to tell you but I DONT work for the dealer, and when a customer does not pay the bill the only means I have to collect is a mechanics lien.

You guys really just sound like a bunch of jealous spoon fed dealership techs. You have no idea what its like to make it on your own, without sap sucking the dealer and its customers.

You should ALL be ashamed of yourself, each and every one of you whom come in here thinking I dont have a right to get paid. I am fed up with this BS.

Maybe you guys should just quit sucking on the FoMoCo tit and open a business for yourself. Then come back here and ask me how I could take someones vehicle for not paying the bill.

I think you ALL have a lot to learn.






I get paid for services that involve systems I understand. Without that understanding, I am no better than the next "ass clown" that doesn't understand the operation of the HEUI injection system.

I work for a medium sized Ford dealer in the Alberta oil patch. My customers cannot aford for me to take a year to fix their trucks... indeed, they depend on me to keep my knowledge base and skill set up to date.

Me... and those like me have realized that you cannot be "everyman". You despise us because we have easy access to training that you desparately need. And you will penalize your customer for that.... just before you go "under", for one brief moment, imagine the surgeon saying "OK... I'm pretty sure the appendix is on the left side....".

I was self employed for many years... I am a much better tech than a businessman - and I have learned to deal with that. Interestingly, my demise had to do more with my reluctance to pork my customers....

You have every right to get paid.... but you have no right to use your customers as pap smears.... you get paid for what you know... you do not get paid for what you don't... Pretty friggin' simple from where I sit...

I have nothing to be ashamed of... because I will stop and say something like "I need to research this".... "let me check".... "give me a few minutes"...

With the complexity (is there an echo in here?) of todays vehicles, we cannot take anything for granted.... Some of your bow tie pages and Kraut stuff may be A plus.... I can't tell and I will not pretend to have that knowledge... "pretend" - remember that word.

Am I shameful because I admit that there I those things I do not know? Imagine this... "Excuse me, buddy.... I don't know squat about your truck... but along about when I finally guess enough times, I will own it".

As professionals and as businessmen, we owe it to our customers to be forthright.... Without honesty, integrity, truthfulness and respect you will be no better than an animal....

Yes.. you should be able to earn an "honest" living... but, at the very least, you should do it honestly... And that includes learning about the system you are fixing....

If you don't know how it works, what will you fix?


You are the new Ralph.....



__________________
PowerStroker

Date:

Actually,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't own a diesel truck.  I just work on them every day at the dealership.  I've been a Ford dealer tech for 8 years.  Prior to that, I was at an independent shop.  I graduated top in my class at Dunwoody College of technology where I received a Degree in Automotive service.  I am an ASE Master Automotive and Truck technician with advanced level certification in both.  Oh yeah, and I've also put in over 600 hours of Ford specific training, by completing more than 200 courses to achieve the highest possible level of Ford certification (Ford Diesel Senior Master Technician).  I work on at least a couple 6.0 powerstroke Diesels every day, which means that I have literally worked on more than a thousand of them over the last several years.  I am the Powerstroke "go to guy" in my area, and have several customers that insist only I be allowed to work on their trucks.  This is because I take great pride in my workmanship, and constantly strive to improve my abilities.  Sometimes I make mistakes, we all do, but I man up to them and fix them so the customer doesn't have to pay extra.

And these guys : Pogo, Hillbilly, and about 14 others who are aware of this site with varying levels of interest/disgust, but haven't chimed in yet, well, these guys are my peers from other Ford dealerships.  They too, are at the top of their game...  They are also my friends.  Whenever we come across a strange vehicle problem that doesn't make since, we know we can put our collective wisdom together and get 'R' done. 

I'd listen to them if I were you.

~PowerStroker

P.S.  There's no such thing as a "ICPR" on a 6.0, but there is an IPR

a>



__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

I think this horse has been beat up enough.

no



I didnt want to do this, however you have forced me to.

(1) I get paid almost 3X more per hour than any of you.
(2) I dont take my orders from some blue-flame quanico punk sercive writer/manager.
(3) Stellar Enterprise is not going under, if anything we are opperating more efficiantly than ever before finding new ways to save money.
(4) I dont know who Ralph is, however it makes no diffrence to me.

PowerStroker - If you work on these every day, yet do not own one, that says very LITTLE about you. Either you cant afford one, or you must think they are junk.

You guys claim to work for Ford Motor Company as mechanics, well I got news for you guys... These 6.0 liter Powerstroke engines are not FORD ENGINES, they are INTERNATIONAL engines. The fuel management systems are not FORD, they are INTERNATIONAL. So really your no better than us when it comes to the systems. Your employer (Ford Motor Company) only makes the body, transmission and axle.

So who's really the expert when it comes to the engine and fuel management systems? The International folks whom designed it, not you Ford Techs.

So each time you guys rip open your re-boxed International parts, think of me. 

Now hush-yo-mouf.


 



-- Edited by SELLC at 16:15, 2009-02-22

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:


~PowerStroker

P.S.  There's no such thing as a "ICPR" on a 6.0, but there is an IPR





Listen here buddy... Your photo dont work.

Also you should know that on the box from Ford Motor Company it reads Fuel Pres. Regulator. Go check the photo for yourself.

So really one could call it a FPR or an ICPR or perhaps a IPR. Either way it makes you look like an idiot. You saying FORD messed up the name when they re-boxed it? Have a look for yourself-



Isnt that what you reffer to as an IPR? Funny the box seems to say Fuel Pres. Regulator? Gee wizz.. Could you be full of yourself once more?

The proper name for an ICPR - FPR - IPR is "Injection Control Pressure Regulator." This keeps people from confusing it with the "Other" fuel regulator.

Spare us your 2nd hand re-badged shop slang. Quit trying to confuse people with your silly dreams of grandure.

You do know there is also another "Fuel Regulator" located on the side of the secondary fuel bowl dont you. Whats your "Shop Slang Name" for that one?



-- Edited by SELLC at 16:41, 2009-02-22



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

SELLC wrote:


 


I think this horse has been beat up enough.

no




I didnt want to do this, however you have forced me to.




(1) I get paid almost 3X more per hour than any of you.




(2) I dont take my orders from some blue-flame quanico punk sercive writer/manager.




(3) Stellar Enterprise is not going under, if anything we are opperating more efficiantly than ever before finding new ways to save money.

(4) I dont know who Ralph is, however it makes no diffrence to me.

PowerStroker - If you work on these every day, yet do not own one, that says very LITTLE about you. Either you cant afford one, or you must think they are junk.

You guys work claim to work for Ford Motor Company as mechanics, well I got news for you guys... These 6.0 liter Powerstroke engines are not FORD ENGINES, they are INTERNATIONAL engines. The fuel management systems are not FORD, they are INTERNATIONAL. So really your no better than us when it comes to the systems. Your employer (Ford Motor Company) only makes the body, transmission and axle.

So who's really the expert when it comes to the engine and fuel management systems? The International folks whom designed it, not you Ford Techs.

So each time you guys rip open your re-boxed International parts, think of me. 

Now hush-yo-mouf.




 








Woooo...

Wanna match tax slips? F@ck, you ARE a wiener... Yeah, I have to admit I'm a long, long way from seven digits... but I have a real good handle on six digits.

I have no idea who or what stellar is... other than someone there isn't adverse to humping customers - big time...

I have no idea what this means <(2) I dont take my orders from some blue-flame quanico punk sercive writer/manager.> but if it makes you feel good... what can I say?

News flash!!!!! Ever since the early 80's and the 6.9 IDI, we've been working on Navistar engines!!!! OMG - how did we ever get this far?

DUHHH!!! How long did it take you to figure that out?

Or did you expect that Ford would build all these trucks and keep engine management a secret from us? Each time you rip open a box containing a part that doesn't need to be replaced, you think of the rest of us... Would it surprise you to know that most of our parts are already in the Navistar packege which is inside of the Ford package? What planet are you from?

Popeye... if you want to learn... TRULY LEARN - about this stuff - can the attitude and ask "the pros"... oooo I forgot - that's you, ain't it?

Us idiots have never been smart enough to f@ck a customer out of his ride!!!!

Forced you into revealing what a schmuck you are?



 



-- Edited by PogoPossum at 16:31, 2009-02-22

__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

LoL! I think PogoPossum, PowerStroker and Big Angy Hillbilly are all the same user!

What's more funny is you trying to back peddle out of this one.


I could give a flying #uck about Navistar. I own an International.


I am a schmuck because someone could not pay their repair bill? Spare me! Ford Re-possesses trucks all the time for non-payment, banks take homes every day for non-payment. What about them people? Do you go around saying the Ford ripped them off? Cry me a fricking river! I would have rather just had the money for the repairs than the truck, but since the economy tanked its not even worth me selling because I would loose money.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

Dude, I have been to PogoPossum's home and place of work. I can guarantee you that we aren't the same person. In fact, we live SEVERAL THOUSAND miles apart.

As for the hourly wage deal?

A high of $44, currently about $30 including benefits etc etc, at a base shop rate of $27, plus a $.50 an hour bonus for working on trucks.

Putting it plain and simple? It doesn't really matter how much money you make, or I make, or Pogo makes. Simply matters how good of a wrench you are.

Pogo is the shop foreman where he works, so he must have some accumulated skill....

I don't know who Powerstroker is, but I'll check on that and get back to you.

As a moderator here, you should be able to view IP addresses, thus debunking your thought that we're all the same person.

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Well it just seemed kind of funny is all.

I have known many shop foremans that were full of themselfs. I agree that being the best mechanic you can is the goal.

Im not saying I make millions, and given the overhead I pay out, it prolly works out that I make a little less in the end.

As far as searching IP's goes, well I am not like other web forums, I dont go prying into peoples IP's because I am not out to ban anyone, nor am I looking to weed out other folks because they support or own another forum. I am not shallow like the forum you come from. Most forum owners would have just stomped Pogo out like a porch fire by now.

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

The forum I came from is not shallow by any means. It's a closely-knit community of like minded and skilled powerstroke technicians that share info with each other on a professional level.

(So that pretty much rules out me coming from powerstroke.org)

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Big Angry Hillbilly wrote:


The forum I came from is not shallow by any means. It's a closely-knit community of like minded and skilled powerstroke technicians that share info with each other on a professional level.

(So that pretty much rules out me coming from powerstroke.org)







LoL... He said he didnt like Powerstroke.org LOL, I like him already....



-- Edited by SELLC at 17:52, 2009-02-22

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

None of us are really fond of any "public" forums..... "I read it on the internet... it MUST be true"!!!!!

None of us are fond of assholes that prey on their customers... through ignorance, avarice or any combination of the two.

Through ignorance... more on that in a moment....

But first.... Hillbilly is big... no, not fat... he is a big lad... If he had a scowl on his face, I would say impressive - overwhelming- I ain't gonna mess with this guy... and I ain't gonna talk about his junk... this guy is welcome in my house any day.

I am much better looking than he is... but that is my opinion... Sadly, he is much younger than I am and that is everyones opinion....

Through ignorance... such a burden that statement can carry.... Our customers come to us expecting that we either know of what we work on... or we will direct them to someone that does. They do not expect that they will be our learning curve... they do not expect that we will charge them for the privilege of being a "guinea pig".

You continually try to justify your actions.... yet many have said they find your actions abhorrent... you have been banned from more than one venue... yet you continue to feel that you are right and everyone else is wrong....

What will it take to convince you that it isn't about YOU... It is about your customers and about what is right and what is just.... If you do not understnd the system you are working on STOP!!!! Either learn about it or forget about it... Do NOT penalize your customer.... especially if the only stupid thing he ever did was come to you....

__________________
PowerStroker

Date:

"You saying FORD messed up the name when they re-boxed it?"
__________________________________________________________

Well, actually yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.  It happens sometimes believe it or not in a company as big as Ford, that the people that catalog parts are not always on the same page as the technical people. 

Here's a tip for you... the next time you need a fuel pressure regulator for a 6.0,  Go to the Ford parts counter and ask for a "9T517".  That is how you will get the correct part.  If you ask them for a fuel pressure regulator, you will get an IPR.  This is still true, even though it has been a known cataloging error since 2003.


__________________
Anonymous Girl

Date:

Hey Pogo & Hillbilly I just wanted you to know that you guys are my heroes! I read all your posts and I really like your replies.

SELLC, you are an idiot. You screw your customers no and then try to teach real ford/master/diesel mechanics how `to fix` diesels by posting pictures of the vehicle you stole from your customer because you didnt know how to fix it.... you cant fix a f"cking sandwich if your damn life depended on it. You are a disgrace to the automotive community. It is because of crooked idiots like YOU that real mechanics like some of my friends here get a bad reputation.

...and dont question me about diesels, I am a girl and I can do the job you were hired to do without costing the client his/her vehicles!



__________________


User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

Couldn't fix a sandwich!

Be still my heart!

That's MY saying!

LOL!

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?
Anonymous

Date:

Anonymous Girl wrote:


Hey Pogo & Hillbilly I just wanted you to know that you guys are my heroes! I read all your posts and I really like your replies.

SELLC, you are an idiot. You screw your customers no and then try to teach real ford/master/diesel mechanics how `to fix` diesels by posting pictures of the vehicle you stole from your customer because you didnt know how to fix it.... you cant fix a f"cking sandwich if your damn life depended on it. You are a disgrace to the automotive community. It is because of crooked idiots like YOU that real mechanics like some of my friends here get a bad reputation.

...and dont question me about diesels, I am a girl and I can do the job you were hired to do without costing the client his/her vehicles!






LMFAO that has to be the best reply I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

 



__________________
Anonymous Girl

Date:

Hey Guys,
I have a question to confuseSELLCSHIT.... BTW I can spell too!
Is this what you do to the vehicles you are supposed to throw parts at it while pretending to know how to fix it? oops I meant is this how you test drive the vehicles after you stole them from the customers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZgLWRfIHZI&feature=channel

__________________


Rookie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:

Now I've been sitting back, reading all these posts and have noticed that.. you SELLC have absolutely no clue on how to actually repair a Powerstroke diesel, you are a prime example of the kind of guy that I deal with on the phone almost everyday " the truck won't start.... it must need a turbo" or if I have a high pressure oil leak, why won't my truck start? It's never ending battle with guy's like you. Prime example is the E450 in my bay right at this moment, the thing is so f*cked uo by a guy that thought he "knew" how to fix it, that now it's back to repaired properly by someone who takes pride in his work and "does know" how to fix it. If I were you I'd find a rock to crawl under and stop making a fool out of yourself, because the more you say the bigger the fool you become.

__________________


Veteran Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Date:

If bullshit were music, this thread would be the grand symphony. Hey Rex, since you seem to love pictures so much, I might as well post my pics here as well, seeing as how everyone else has.


-- Edited by disgruntled at 21:33, 2009-02-22

Attachments
__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

This is pretty funny.

My photos back up everything, unlike the ones you have stolen from the internet and posted up here.

With regards to Ford's improperly boxing the ICPR and calling it the "Wrong" name, thats just typical of a Ford tech whom THINKS he knows it all.

You can keep running your flaps, but it wont change the facts.

Ill tell you what, Pony up $13 grand to pay this customers bill and then you can play Mr. Bleeding heart. Until then STFU because I am sure none of you work for free.



-- Edited by SELLC at 01:45, 2009-02-23

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Anonymous Girl wrote:

Hey Guys,
I have a question to confuseSELLCSHIT.... BTW I can spell too!
Is this what you do to the vehicles you are supposed to throw parts at it while pretending to know how to fix it? oops I meant is this how you test drive the vehicles after you stole them from the customers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZgLWRfIHZI&feature=channel


That Z28 got rode hard? Naw... I can ride things much harder than that!

Truth is, given your Anonymous Girl status, Id say you been rode hard and put away wet on more than one occasion.
Did I spell all that right?

P.S. Dont come in here making false statements about things you have no first hand knowledge of. To do so really just makes YOU out to be the idiot. Really what are you offering up here? Your opinion based off hear say information and assumption? Anonymous girls web form e-mailed me, seems they are missing their idiot.



PogoPossum wrote:



You continually try to justify your actions.... yet many have said they find your actions abhorrent... you have been banned from more than one venue... yet you continue to feel that you are right and everyone else is wrong....

What will it take to convince you that it isn't about YOU... It is about your customers and about what is right and what is just.... If you do not understnd the system you are working on STOP!!!! Either learn about it or forget about it... Do NOT penalize your customer.... especially if the only stupid thing he ever did was come to you....


I have been banned from more than one venue? I guess you have not been paying attention. I have been banned from ONE venue. Vertical Scope. And this is because some desk jocky whom is over the hill and too old to even get in the $hit anymore wants to feel like he's worth keeping around. Kind of reminds me of YOU Possum. When I am right I am right, when I am wrong I am wrong. You sir are wrong.

What Powerstroke owners might find more disturbing is the fact that 12K is not really out of the norm in terms of service for these trucks, and when I say that, I am speaking about overal cost of service on a Powerstroke with over 100K miles that has not been kept up. There are lots of people out there holding WELL OVER 12K in combined service recipts, FORD INCLUDED. Just who the hell do you think you are?

You keep trying to imply that I am asking for help from you. I am not. The thread title of my post do not contain any question marks. Next time dont be so arrogant to assume your help is being asked for. It just goes to prove you are "Full of yourself", like the many "Glorified" service writers out there known as Shop Managers. Sure you brag about all the time you spent in class, but us techs know that class time can only be relaized thru extensive HANDS ON. So while you run around your shop and take photos of all the work REAL TECHS do and post them up here as your own, Ill be doing the HANDS ON, taking photos of jobs done with these two hands.

I am an honest person. One of the reasons I dont work for GM as a labor operations manager is because I could not betray my fellow tech, the guy who is REALLY doing the work and making the money. The guy who bust their knuckles and has to bend over, upside down and in-between. The guy who gives it their all and has a little perma grease on their thumbs. Not the manicured girly hands of the "Glorified Service Wrighter" whom has a job in BS'n the customer and the mother company out of money.

You sir have been tolerated around here only because we do not opperate with the same principals and ideals as you. We are honest, fair and tolerant.

So when you put on your monkey suit each morning PoGo, know that us mechanics, you know the "Real ones", are the ones whom hoist you up and keep you from having to sell Amway.


-- Edited by SELLC at 05:21, 2009-02-23

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



Veteran Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

As quoted by SELLC...

" The fuel management systems are not FORD, they are INTERNATIONAL. "

If you are refering to the Heui system, you should do a little more research. This is actually a system that Cat. has provided for Nav. and Fomoco. These may come in different boxes but are manufactured by Cat. Refer to this link....
http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=40580&x=7

On Edit...

Pogo your right, he is the new Ralph.

-- Edited by larryatsti at 12:52, 2009-02-23

-- Edited by larryatsti at 14:07, 2009-02-23

__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

larryatsti wrote:


As quoted by SELLC...

" The fuel management systems are not FORD, they are INTERNATIONAL. "

If you are refering to the Heui system, you should do a little more research. This is actually a system that Cat. has provided for Nav. and Fomoco. These may come in different boxes but are manufactured by Cat. Refer to this link....
http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=40580&x=7

On Edit...

Pogo your right, he is the new Ralph.



Really I dont know how far down the line it goes, I would have to read up on International, Navistar and CAT in order to be sure, or I can just follow that link and see what your on about.

Oh, maybe I should also mention that you and Pogo are the new "Richards". You guys should get with Stoma, he's into that whole rodent thing also!

 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



Veteran Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:

It seems that "Anonymous Girl" doesn't like you much???no


Well she will fit in just fine with the rest of the guys.



__________________

I started this career with nothing....I still have most of it left.



RIP - Veteran User

Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Date:

<So when you put on your monkey suit each morning PoGo, know that us <mechanics, you know the "Real ones"

Whoooeeee!!. Now we got verbal diarrhea going on....

I can assure you, kind sir, that I am fairly comfortable in my level of knowledge and the skills I carry regarding powerstroke diesels. And this is why I find some of your statements and actions so repugnant.

You are the self proclaimed expert that is "stuck" in low range (did I mention that most of the ladies in my home town know how to put a 4WD ESOF truck into and out of low range?).

You are the self proclaimed expert that has seen an IPR leak into the electrical connector... If you have studied the way these are built, you would see that building the pyramids was easier...

I would consider that you are a wise man about those things you are familiar with.... but your lack of understanding (and reluctance to deal with it as an adult) regarding the PSD and the Ford SuperDuty make you a dengerous person. You pretend to tell me about these engines.... while I do actually make my living working on them.... The pictures you so glibly cast off as "stolen from the internet" are actually the product of peoples endeavours... interestingly, the people you are accusing of plagiarism....

And now - every last one of them knows that you don't know squat about ESOF.

Wipe that egg off your face, boy... it's a mite unattractive....


__________________


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

My head hurts already.

Spare me, most places would have canned your ass long ago for being confrontational with a moderator.

Reminds me of a song I once heard.



You know the things I stand for wont allow your banishment. Yet you just want to keep pushing, testing, prodding. You may be good ole' boy, but I aint no toy, cuz Im the better man, and I understand your just a little coy.

Thats it for me. Im done singing... I swear. I think the song got to me. 

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6006
Date:

"most places would have canned your ass long ago for being confrontational with a moderator."

ROFL... Interesting you should mention that about Pogo, he's kind of a legend on Fords official board, but that's an inside joke aww

What's a brother got to do to get in the v8 cafe - I assure you we are separate people. How else could we account for these statistics??? :

"38 user(s) visited this forum in the past 24 hours
The most users ever online was 3 member(s) and 2 guest(s) at 06:06 PM Feb 16, 2009"



__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Careful what you wish for PowerStroker.

You just might get it! yawn

Why dont you just ask one of your Mafia brothers to let you use their SN for awhile?

BTW, what was it you do again? Did you say order the Pizza's?



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6006
Date:

"BTW, what was it you do again? Did you say order the Pizza's?"

Nah, I deliver the worlds greatest gourmet sandwiches so fast you'll freak!!!

Somehow that makes me better at fixing Ford Diesels than you - go figure.



__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

You want packaging label incoherency?

Hub/Bearing assembly for a 2008 F-350 SD 4x4 Single axle.

PN 7C3Z-1104-B.

Box says "Brake Repair Kit" on the label.

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?
1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard