Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: BEWARE! American Express cut credit limit after making donation to Trump campaign!
Should a credit card company be required to maintain the original credit line if no payments have ever been late? [4 vote(s)]

Yes - if they can not maintain the original credit line they shouldn't be in the business
100.0%
No - they should be able to balance chase and lower credit scores for their benefit
0.0%


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:
BEWARE! American Express cut credit limit after making donation to Trump campaign!


It is starting to get really bad with these creditors trying to pull scams like taking multiple payments, chasing balances and then the final straw of once again reducing my credit limit.

It's not the limit really, but more or less the damage such reductions do to my credit score. I believe these predatory actions are done to keep people from making large payments on their bills for fear their limit will be cut, and paying off and closing the account will only serve to make it worse! Any credit card company that can not maintain it's original credit offering is up to no good, and in my case I have never been late - EVER, so they are not going to have much of a leg to stand on when I sue them.

Yes, after making a purchase at the Trump Make America Great again store my credit limit was cut! May be a coincidence but I don't think so given how unhinged Democrats have been in congress. Strange thing is with American Express is that whenever I call there never seems to be a fluent English speaking American answering the phone! 

I would have to say that next to Citi Bank, American Express is about the worse company anyone could ever do business with! I would strongly recommend that anyone thinking about doing business with them seriously rethink that decision! Even if you pay off your balance in full every month they will work to lower your credit line in an effort to lower your overall score! Just allowing them to send you a card will be the start of a process where they will give a large credit line that they simply cannot maintain! In the process they will cut the line down in increments that will affect your credit score regardless if you use it or not! Even if you pay your balance off every month they will still do this because they know that closing the account will only further pummel your credit score. What they want their customers doing is carrying large balances and only paying the minimum, and even then they would still balance chase to further encourage you to pay less.

My ride with these companies is about complete, whereas they all started me off at $10,000 credit lines - they are all now down around $1,000 and they obviously don't like that. Once your credit line is down to $1,000 the card is also another liability because spending more than $300 on the card will throw your credit ratio over the 30% threshold and thus work towards their goal of lowing your credit score so they can charge more interest and prevent other lenders from extending you credit - very predatory. 

Yes, I have got it all figured out and I look forward to working up a nice lawsuit for both Citi and American Express, along with complaints filed with the worthless banking regulatory bodies - if only because I want to ensure the maximum footprint I leave on their collective asses. 

amex_cr1.png

 

amex_cr.png



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

It should come as no surprise to everyone that American Express AND Citi Bank are BOTH headquartered in New York City!

It would seem that us Trump supporters are going to pay a price to openly support the Presidents 2020 re-election bid!

 trump2020.JPG

That is totally fine! Because nothing could be worse than letting any of the many crooked Democrat SNAKES back into the White House! 



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

How odd you say that, because of all candidates running, nobody wants to help you stick it to the credit card companies more than Elizabeth.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

I am sorry PowerStroker but someone like Warren who lies about her heritage to get a free ride isn't going to win my vote with her "nasty woman" approach. She is a liar and a cheat! Not interested.

My issues with credit card companies has nothing to do with Warren and her dreams of making every American pay for a college education. Some people do not need college, they just need a nice kick in the ass and some trade school. 

My issues with the Credit Card companies are with the way they try and manipulate peoples credit scores. They often times bring on the problems and losses they incur, then spread it around to the American tax payer once they have allowed all their friends to spend them into the ground - much like a Democrat. Think Lehman brothers or any other bank or financial institution that went under. They went under because they loaned their own friends and employees too much money while fist fucking the American public.

If a card issuer gives a very large initial credit line with the intention of pulling it back slowly that is a clear sign they are knowingly trying to take advantage of their customers. I will take them to the mat! You know this!

I have taken almost a $40,000 credit line haircut over the past two years! You can not take a $40,000 credit line hit if you are spending beyond your means - which is why the credit card companies want to negatively influence my credit score with these regular and arbitrary credit limit cuts. They know doing this will reduce my score and prevent me from dealing with other lenders, and it will increase my cost to borrow and get insurance. This is why they are doing it! I am not upset because they can't afford to maintain their initial credit lines, I am upset because they are purposely doing this in a slimy underhanded and systematic way that they think many people will never publicly mention out of embarrassment. I will clear the air by saying that the Credit Card companies work for us and not the other way around. 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

I will also say that I make more today and the past few years than I did when these same companies gave me large credit lines! 

I have NEVER been late - EVER! 

So where is the justification? There can only be one! I have always kept my utilization at or around 30% and that bothered the card companies! I beat them at their own game by getting a lot of cards in a short period of time to diversify myself. Now they want to move the goal post by lowering my limits to make it appear that I mismanaged and am over utilized when the fact is, I counted on them being able to maintain their initial credit lines! Then when they realized I wasn't falling for the debt trap they want to move the goal post to cut my limits so deeply that it would appear I am using 80% of my credit line and that is the rub right there! Heck some of the cards have had their limits cut so much that spending $300 would put me over 50%! Not even kidding! And what choice do I have? Closing the card would only serve to lower my score even more! I am still using LESS than 30% of my original lines but as a result of $40,000 in credit limit hair cuts it would appear that I am over utilized when in reality my lenders are the ones who have moved the goal post to project this image... I will easily overcome ALL my debt in a few short years! As I reorganize to offset my lenders shortcomings they would like to make it appear that I am the reason, when the fact is - I'm still at 30% and comfortable - but they want this image projected that I just run up my cards! I did NOT! If all my lines were the same today as when they were issued to me I'd still be well under 30% between them all and this is where the crime comes in - these lenders are doing this because they THINK it will benefit them - but they fucked with the wrong guy.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

I should also mention that Citi whacked my credit line the day after American Express...

That is TWO big NYC headquartered banks! You tell me! A coincidence? My other 16 card companies don't seem to have a problem maintaining their credit lines... I can only assume this is a deliberate attempt to negatively influence my credit score for their benefit. Either that or the sky is falling! LOL

It's concerning no doubt! If only from a credit score perspective! But it will cost me more for insurance, more for credit and it's just something else to have to worry about. I am not leveraged enough to be broken by these petty overtures.. but it will cost me more in the long run now, and that is a fact! 

11_14_19.png

11_14_19citi.png

I can only imagine they "bank" on the fact that most people would be too embarrassed to speak up, but as I have already said - I am not over-leveraged and they fucked with the wrong motherfucker. It's winter, lots of time to sit on the computer and type up paperwork. 



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Well, if there is a silver lining to any of this, I guess it's the fact that American Express loaned me the money to buy this little gem right here,

IMG_5476.jpg



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

But they didn't have any Pencil Neck Adam Schiff T-shirts in size triple fat ass, so I got this one for me! lol

IMG_5477.jpg



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Status: Offline
Posts: 4759
Date:

Warren is a finger pointing/shaking bobbleheaded lying retard.

Hmmm. Wonder if they are going to pull this shit with everyone that supports Trump?

Yes they should maintain whatever credit line you had.

__________________
Drive it like you stole it


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Shawnee_B wrote:



Yes they should maintain whatever credit line you had.


 

I agree Shawnee! Absent any late payments or over the limit situations a creditor should be required to maintain their original credit line.. 

I guess they aren't too happy about my trashing them online because they sent me a bill looking to get paid TWICE in the same month! Made my November payment on the 8th, which has always been my payment due date... but after trashing them online they have sent me a second bill for November due on the 28th! LOL! Not even kidding!

amex_nov_14_19.png

 

amex_nov_2_19.png

 

 

amex_oct_2_19.jpg

 

amex_sept_2_19.png

 

amex_aug_2_19.png

 

amex_july_2_19.png

 

amex_june_2_19.png

 

amex_may_2_19.png

 

So you can clearly see that my payment is due on the 8th of every month, yet for some reason in November, after publicly calling out American Express on another account, I get two bills?

These people have really lost their minds! I tried calling them on it and they said my payment isn't due until the 8th, and they even went so far as to say it's not technically late until after the 13th which is the cut off since my Platinum Business card is a "charge" account. But if you look at my October statement it clearly says any payment after the 8th results in a fee and an increased APR! Now mind you, my payments have always been made well before the 8th of every month - but just like the slimy bastards to try and suggest I have until the 13th! So it really bothers me that they are so brazenly trying to screw me over by requesting two payments in the same month! Guess I have to make another payment by the 28th - which is no problem, but man what a bunch of dirty shysters! 

In fact, they never even sent me a bill in October! Not by email, nor by ordinary mail! I still paid October before the 8th, thanks to the online system, but clearly they like to play games... 

 



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Status: Offline
Posts: 4759
Date:

Tell them to fuck off your going bankrupt if they don't get their libtard head out of their ass, see what they say to that.

__________________
Drive it like you stole it


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

lol, that would be self-destructive.. I am more interested in taking them to the mat...

Just the month before their online system was acting funny and took three duplicate payments from me in the amount of $1,200 each! Paid the bill, it froze up and so I paid it again! Did this three times, never got a confirmation until after they took the third payment.. Called them and I was told they were having problems with their online system... Next day, sure as $hit they had taken three duplicate payments! I had the cash in the account so nothing kicked back but to think they wouldn't have some kind of system in place to prevent duplicate payments is insane! Most all my other credit card companies will only allow you to make one payment a day!

 

amex9_23_19.png

 

amex9_24_19.png

 

I am telling you, there is something really wrong with American Express! 



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

Shawnee_B wrote:

Tell them to fuck off your going bankrupt if they don't get their libtard head out of their ass, see what they say to that.


 

ROTFLMAO !!!



__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Apparently, according to myFICO.com this place is too political! confuse

Meanwhile they censor and prune threads to keep their Credit Card company in a good light!

What a joke! Reminds me exactly why I opened this place up! Too many places censoring post!

https://autotrend.activeboard.com/t66054768/beware-myficocom-looks-out-for-the-credit-card-companies-and/

Here is a link to my thread of myFICO.com

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-credit-limit-decrease/td-p/5809473



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Status: Offline
Posts: 4759
Date:

Hang em!

__________________
Drive it like you stole it


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Ya know Shawnee, I like the way you think! lol



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Status: Offline
Posts: 4759
Date:

It would solve the crap show!

__________________
Drive it like you stole it


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

I am still somewhat bothered by the fact my credit line was reduced after having made a donation to the Trump campaign...

American Express promises to put my credit line back where it was by making a payment of at least $400 by January but that makes no sense... Just the month prior I had paid off the card in full, to the tune of about $1500! And this was just LAST MONTH! So what is a $400 payment between now and the middle of January going to prove!? The only thing it did was force me to make a $500 payment yesterday - if only in the hopes to mitigate the damage to my credit score before it gets recorded. I think I owe something like $200 on my AMEX Blue Cash card now.. And ALL of this AFTER making a donation to the Trump campaign!

Now they also want an early payment on my AMEX Business Platinum card, to the tune of $1500 on the 28th of this month! Mind you I just made a $1,500 payment on the 8th of this month which is my normal billing due date! 

Something isn't right with American Express as they are clearly trying to move the goal post with their credit line reductions and demanding early payments! One can only wonder if they are becoming insolvent moving into the holiday season! I have never had a credit card company act this way! If they aren't getting close to insolvency then that only leaves one option, they have become political! There is no other logical explanation since I have never been late on anything! 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

It would appear that today AMEX has restored my credit line as promised after having made that $500 payment a few days ago.

The credit line, even after being recently restored - still pales in comparison to the original $10,000 limit I was initially given. 

It leaves me wondering what this was all about!? What was the point in getting me all rilled up? Over a $400 payment that they wanted to get before the New Year? It makes no sense to me and the fact it happened right after making a political donation really put an extra coating of stink on the whole situation. Some have said my last purchase was at a gas station called Speedway, but that purchase was made prior to my donation and it just posted late. It was for gas on the way home from our little road trip down South. A lot of people say I shouldn't worry about it, but that is not how I roll... It makes me wonder and look at all the time wasted having to make and update this thread!? It still doesn't make up for the reactionary cut that CITI made on my Diamond card the day after! And it's really odd how these two banks are watching each other so closely that they react in mere hours apart from one another! Like sharks when they sense blood in the water! 

It begs the question, I wonder if AMEX is going to restore our Platinum Business line to a non-pre set limit again when we make our SECOND payment on the 28th of this month? It also begs the question of when AMEX is going to restore my Blue Cash cards original line of $10,000? That would go a long way in improving my score to be at the level it was before these credit limit reductions, which have for the most part caused my score to dip, considering all my payments have been on time.

So I guess that concludes this thread... And anyone faced with the same problem could probably get AMEX to reverse a reduction by calling in and asking them what hoops they need to jump thru. 

 

 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

Couldn't you have just "PayPal"-ed the Prez ?...

__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

I do have a PayPal debit card and I have used them to make donations in the past, but the week I bought some Trump gear I was utilizing the AMEX Blue cash card...

Trying to re-structure everything at or below 30% after a $30k+ credit line haircut can be tricky - and expensive too.

 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

I suggested PayPal so that they could back-you-up when this shyte happens, that's all.

Maybe try them out, & hook all your cards up-to-them, so that they kind-of become your book-keeper & legal aid at times like these. Their fees are sweet-F A.



__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

I do have PayPal and a debit card for my PayPal, even a PayPal credit card that is serviced by Synchrony Bank. I just don't see how they could have helped in this situation with AMEX.. confuse

For online transactions it's hard to beat PayPal. Wasn't Elon Musk one of the original founders of PayPal?



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Then again I will say this about AMEX, they are REALLY good at handling disputes!

Rastus, I am sure you remember that thread where the wife and I were kicked out of the Greektown hotel suite on her birthday - right? The thread has since been moved to the V8 Cafe but the important part is that AMEX stepped in and reversed their bogus charges! 

Even when I was angry with AMEX, I never lost sight of the times they shined brighter than a Diamond - and thus the reason I did not just close my accounts as many people suggested when I was upset.

In fact, I don't think any company can beat AMEX in terms of customer protections on purchases made with their cards... 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

No worries SELLC.

PayPal are often sending me messages suggesting "link" all your cards here yadda, yadda...

And the bottom-line is that I still use cash for everything, so I don't have the experience of being so messed around by the banks. Our Aussie Post Office via VISA offer a "Load & Go" Card where you place your money onto it & go net-shopping, or whatever you want. But you can only spend what you've placed in there.



__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Outside of a bank debit card (which I also have) almost all load-and-go pre-paid debit cards will charge a fee every time you load and use the card. 

A charge card is not a credit or a debit card since you pay your balance in full at the end of the month - but even that has an annual fee or something of the sorts.

Credit cards are just what they suggest in the name, credit extended to you with the option to pay over time. No different than a revolving loan.

I agree, Cash is king... I pay my business charge card in full every month as agreed. I use to operate on all cash too with a debt card but when you're in business money is going to get tied up - it's a fact... be it a refund, dispute or just a slow pay customer! How you can handle that and move on while you wait makes all the difference in the world. Regardless what your business is you will have to buy and sell a product or service and in the course of business there are going to be problems THAT IS A FACT. Don't matter if it's AMEX or some poor quality part or service that causes delays or temporary losses - how you overcome them and weather the storm will determine your success or failure. 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

SELLC wrote:

Outside of a bank debit card (which I also have) almost all load-and-go pre-paid debit cards will charge a fee every time you load and use the card. 

A charge card is not a credit or a debit card since you pay your balance in full at the end of the month - but even that has an annual fee or something of the sorts.

Credit cards are just what they suggest in the name, credit extended to you with the option to pay over time. No different than a revolving loan.

I agree, Cash is king... I pay my business charge card in full every month as agreed. I use to operate on all cash too with a debt card but when you're in business money is going to get tied up - it's a fact... be it a refund, dispute or just a slow pay customer! How you can handle that and move on while you wait makes all the difference in the world. Regardless what your business is you will have to buy and sell a product or service and in the course of business there are going to be problems THAT IS A FACT. Don't matter if it's AMEX or some poor quality part or service that causes delays or temporary losses - how you overcome them and weather the storm will determine your success or failure. 


 

There's no doubt what they're doing is wrong, & they deserve what they get.

They've messed your credit-score-up through their own mistake.

Too bad it costs so-much time & money.



__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Yes, thank you Rastus! You know I agree and you're preaching to the choir!

I had to make my $1,600 payment today, nearly two weeks early! I guess AMEX needed some of my cash to support their black friday spending spree... I guess the cash wasn't doing anyone or the economy any good stuffed up my ass for another two weeks... but they were such crisp and brand new 100's! lol, well at least $700 of it anyway! LOL

They are lucky I am getting old and can't spend it like I used to! LOL

 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

It's getting to the point that I really love to hate them...

It's for sure a love-hate sort of thing... 

I am pretty sure they don't like me either...

So at least it's on a even keel... 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ-U0wTMw8Y



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Really the only reason I am hanging onto my AMEX is because they went to bat for me in this situation,

https://autotrend.activeboard.com/t64816701/beware-greektown-casino-hotel-detroit-michigan-eviction-sche/

 



-- Edited by SELLC on Friday 29th of November 2019 01:51:51 PM

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

SELLC wrote:

 

I guess the cash wasn't doing anyone or the economy any good stuffed up my ass for another two weeks... but they were such crisp and brand new 100's! lol

 


 

ROTFLMAO !!!



__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Rastus wrote:

I suggested PayPal so that they could back-you-up when this shyte happens, that's all.

Maybe try them out, & hook all your cards up-to-them, so that they kind-of become your book-keeper & legal aid at times like these. Their fees are sweet-F A.


 

Recently I filed a complaint with PayPal about some defective air shocks that are being sold out of China for use on Cadillac Escalade trucks. They list these items as being sold in the USA, but after you buy them your invoice shows you paid someone with Chinese symbols (read that as the Chinese language.) 

This company was selling these air shocks as direct fit replacements but when I received them the port that the air lines connect to were about 2mm too big - thus causing an immediate leak at the shock! I contacted the buyer and they informed me they had an updated design they would send me for an extra $30 for shipping... I asked them if they were SURE it was an updated design as I did not want to pay to be sent the same factory defective shocks. They lied and said they were so I paid them an extra $30 and just as I suspected they sent me the exact same defective shocks! I was able to return the first pair thru eBay but when the time come to return the second they just quit responding! I filed a PayPal complaint and PayPal sent me this,

paypal2019_dispute.png

 

So basically according to PayPal, you can sell bootleg items that do not fit and they won't do anything about it! 

I have been noticing that more and more I am having issues with parts purchased on eBay that are listed as being sold in the USA but are just shell accounts run from China! It has cost me a lot of time and aggravation and these Chinese people are the biggest lying cheats you could ever encounter! Anymore if I buy something on eBay that turns out to be an Asian account you can almost be POSITIVE that the item you will receive is garbage! I don't know if they are doing this on purpose or what but it's clear that PayPal IS-NOT good when it comes to protecting it's customers from overseas scams. I don't recommend making payments with PayPal, but as on online payment method it's about all you can use on eBay. I should also mention that eBay and PayPal are no longer the same company and have separated. This may explain why they were unable to read our email correspondence where I explicitly told the seller that I would not accept another defective product. 



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Status: Offline
Posts: 4759
Date:

Fuk paypal and alll banks! Hang the fukers

__________________
Drive it like you stole it


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Yes Shawnee, it is getting pretty bad out there! The banks know that soon enough people are going to become fed up with this, so they will crash the market like they always do, this allows them a good distraction and depending on how do it, they might also get a government bail out. People will go back to hating the banks for awhile until they can do it all over again! This is usually how a Democrat slithers into office. At least that is my layman perspective.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

Democrats generally want to stick it to the banks and regulate them in to submission. It's actually your side that wants them to have free reign to do whatever they want to people. Economic Darwinism has always been a pathology of the right.

If you say that the banks must be liberal by virtue of them being based in New York City, I would submit that president Trump's business empire is based there too.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:

Democrats generally want to stick it to the banks and regulate them in to submission. It's actually your side that wants them to have free reign to do whatever they want to people. Economic Darwinism has always been a pathology of the right.

If you say that the banks must be liberal by virtue of them being based in New York City, I would submit that president Trump's business empire is based there too.


 

I am not making that statement as a fact PowerStroker, I just thought the timing was odd.. the fact that both creditors were headquartered in NYC and made credit cuts within hours of each others - after a political donation and the entry of Bloomberg into the race... Well these things also got me to wondering... From what I understand Trump is moving to Florida because the taxes are too high in NYC. 

I have been to NYC, don't have any desire to return. Went for New Years - even shared the trip in here... but this was back in 2004'ish.

Seems Democrats want to stick it to the banks until such time as the banks are paying to play.

It is sad that politics are intertwined into just about every aspect of life... from age zero until about 25 I really had no political affiliation and could not have told you anything about either party back then.. now it seems to dominate at the age of 44...

I'll agree that I have seen more banking regulation under Democrats, but the CFPB was a worthless agency that never did anything but forward complaints to other agencies. Dodd-Frank seems to be the reason I am having so many issues today, which seems to force the lower income and self employed buyers into the Government owned PMI plan - just like the old days where insurance companies are backing mortgages. See them making loans for homes all around me for $200+k, even on the smallest of homes in this area... but since I owe just under $100k they don't want to play ball and it's totally unfair that someone else can get full boat from the lenders under Government programs but I can't even get 50%! I am paying more in property taxes for increased home values that I am locked out of! 

I think Shawnee said it best earlier!

 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard