Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Texas
Does Texas have the right to secure it's borders if the Federal Government isn't? [3 vote(s)]

YES
66.7%
NO
33.3%
I DON'T KNOW
0.0%


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:
Texas


Seems like there is a lot of drama going on in Texas right now due to the illegal immigration problem... the problem being that the current administration isn't doing enough to stop it!

Word on the street is they told the Feds to get bent and kicked them out!

Now as I understand it -- Biden is threatening Texas officials with "serious consequences"... 

The claim is that 6 Million people have illegally crossed into the United States in the past three years. That's about 2 million a year!

I'd say that qualifies as a serious security problem... 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

Yo,

867 US-of-A Military bases around the world poses a security problem for everyone else, wouldn't you say ???

You want a look at the future Stellar ???

Here, I'll post it up for the 3rd time, so see attachment folks !

 

 



Attachments
1991.pdf (269.7 kb)
__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

I reject the premise of the question. The Texas National Guard had been ordered by the Governor to impede the efforts of Federal Border Patrol agents. And the Supreme Court rightly informed everyone that Federal law enforcement officers have jurisdiction. The Texas National Guard MUST defer to federal officials.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Of course you feel this way PowerStroker, every illegal that comes here probably gets handed a mail in ballot to vote Democrat.

If illegal immigrants were voting Republican you guys would probably be capping them like they were storming the beach at Normandy.

There are loop-holes to your argument -- which have been spelled out as such,

GEoV81DWwAA85zy.jpeg

 

IIRC there is also some language in the 2nd amendment to this effect. 

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The primary purpose of the Second Amendment is to ensure that should a tyrannical power overtake the Nation, Americans will be able to defend themselves; because this danger always exists.



Attachments
__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

I'm not in favor of illegal immigration. I'm simply stating that the US Border Patrol has jurisdiction. The Supreme Court recently said as much. For the Texas National Guard to interfere with the actions of Border Patrol agents is illegal. If it comes to it, President Biden could take control of the Texas National Guard, but he'd rather deal with this in the courts first.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

Yo,

This article from your ABC may interest y'all, & help explain a few things of late....






WASHINGTON --

"For the first time in more than two decades, Mexico last year surpassed China as the leading source of goods imported by the United States. The shift reflects the growing tensions between Washington and Beijing as well as U.S. efforts to import from countries that are friendlier and closer to home.

Figures released Wednesday by the U.S. Commerce Department show that the value of goods imported by the United States from Mexico rose nearly 5% from 2022 to 2023, to more than $475 billion. At the same time, the value of Chinese imports tumbled 20% to $427 billion.

The last time that Mexican goods imported by the United States exceeded the value of China's imports was in 2002.

Economic relations between the United States and China have severely deteriorated in recent years as Beijing has fought aggressively on trade and made ominous military gestures in the Far East.

The Trump administration began imposing tariffs on Chinese imports in 2018, arguing that Beijing's trade practices violated global trade rules. President Joe Biden retained those tariffs after taking office in 2021, making clear that antagonism toward China would be a rare area of common ground for Democrats and Republicans.

As an alternative to offshoring production to China, which U.S. corporations had long engaged in, the Biden administration has urged companies to seek suppliers in allied countries ("friend-shoring'') or to return manufacturing to the United States ("reshoring''). Supply-chain disruptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic also led U.S. companies to seek supplies closer to the United States ("near-shoring'').

Mexico has been among the beneficiaries of the growing shift away from reliance on Chinese factories. But the picture is more complicated than it might seem. Some Chinese manufacturers have established factories in Mexico to exploit the benefits of the 3-year-old U.S.-Mexico-Canada Trade Agreement, which allows for duty-free trade in North America for many products.

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said this week that the trade status gives Mexico new leverage, saying it would make it hard for the U.S. to close the two countries border to limit immigration, as suggested in negotiations on a border bill in the U.S. Senate.

The negotiation is proposing closing the border, he said. Do you think Americans, or Mexicans, but especially the Americans, would approve that? The businesses wouldnt take it, maybe one day, but not a week.

Some industries especially auto manufacturers have set up plants on both sides of the border that depend on each for a steady supply of parts.

Derek Scissors, a China specialist at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, noted that the biggest drops in Chinese imports were in computers and electronics and chemicals and pharmaceuticals all politically sensitive categories.

I don't see the U.S. being comfortable with a rebound in those areas in 2024 and 2025," Scissors said, predicting that the China-Mexico reversal on imports to the United States likely "is not a one-year blip.''

Scissors suggested that the drop in U.S. reliance on Chinese goods partly reflects wariness of Beijing's economic policies under President Xi Jinping. Xi's draconian COVID-19 lockdowns brought significant swaths of the Chinese economy to a standstill in 2022, and his officials have raided foreign companies in apparent counterespionage investigations.

I think its corporate America belatedly deciding Xi Jinping is unreliable, he said.

Overall, the U.S. deficit in the trade of goods with the rest of the world the gap between the value of what the United States sells and what it buys abroad narrowed 10% last year to $1.06 trillion".

__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Status: Offline
Posts: 4759
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:

I reject the premise of the question. The Texas National Guard had been ordered by the Governor to impede the efforts of Federal Border Patrol agents. And the Supreme Court rightly informed everyone that Federal law enforcement officers have jurisdiction. The Texas National Guard MUST defer to federal officials.


 Not in their state own state, it's state guard. They would have to be FEDERALIZED to answer to bidung, simple. But you just believe lying uninformed msm instead of rules, order and laws,,,, so run along skippy. Have a good ride.



__________________
Drive it like you stole it


UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

The Texas National Guard answers to the governor of Texas, sure... Unless President Biden federalizes them. But jurisdiction over guarding our borders falls to the Federal government. The Texas National Guard may assist in that effort, but MUST defer to the US Border Patrol. And the Supreme Court recently affirmed as much.

What is happening is the equivalent of Texas printing its own currency and saying the US dollar isn't legal tender there, it ain't gonna fly. There are many rights the states do have, but ignoring federal jurisdiction isn't one of them. This isn't even a close call.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

PowerStroker said...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

qt."What is happening, is the equivalent of Texas printing its own currency and saying the US dollar isn't legal tender there...
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Nothing wrong with that...

When the bogus Federal govt can't do its job, the States have the right to pull-out, & look after the people.

And until your "bank notes" have "backed by the treasury" printed on them, they're not worth much. They're a statement that your country sold-out to a European banking cartel way back in 1906, & your actual dollar value has been devalued by over 100%, & you will always be in debt until you break-free from this arrangement. It's only "cushy" for the "elite" & war profiteers. Look at Genocide-Joe & his antics !

Lead the way Texas !


__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

Texas takes more financial help from the federal government than they contribute. They are essentially a welfare state living off the generosity of California and New York.

If Texas made their own currency you'd really prefer it to the dollar?

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:

Texas takes more financial help from the federal government than they contribute. They are essentially a welfare state living off the generosity of California and New York.


 

We are gonna need a supporting link from an accredited news desk for that claim of yours PowerStroker... seems a bit "long in the tooth" if you ask me.

I'd also like to see just how you came to the conclusion that Texas is living off the generosity of California and New York -- because that's total BS to the point it's funny... and you know it!



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

 

On a per person average by state, notice the trend as it transitions from blue states at the top, to red states on the bottom as to how much contribution is made to the US Treasury.

There are reasons the South lost the war, and would be destined to lose a second one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/07/07/states-federal-benefits/



__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

The Senate passed a bipartisan bill that would pour a ton of resources into securing the border. Biden supports it, but Speaker Mike Johnson won't bring it up for a vote in the House because twice impeached, adjudicated rapist, and con-man Trump wants the issue to be unsolved so he can run on it.



__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:

The Senate passed a bipartisan bill that would pour a ton of resources into securing the border. Biden supports it, but Speaker Mike Johnson won't bring it up for a vote in the House because twice impeached, adjudicated rapist, and con-man Trump wants the issue to be unsolved so he can run on it.


 

As you can clearly see, there is no issue at the border, it's an election pawn used by the folks playing-the-game !



__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

The Washington Post? What is their slogan? Democracy dies in darkness? Talk about a news desk that wears their partisanship on their sleeve!

Even still, looking at the photo you posted, it would seem most of the taxes come from old-money states... New money tax on all that generational wealth used to invest and corner the markets.

I don't even see how this supporting link of yours applies to your original statement that Texas is living off the generosity of California and New York... California still has the most electoral votes in an election (55) which isn't even close to Texas' (38)... 

I have to assume it's because of the census, where they just go around and count everyone -- regardless of citizenship on census reports. Another form of gerrymandering, and another good reason for strong immigration laws and enforcement!

Democrats haven't given a flying fu@k about the border crisis for the past THREE YEARS, but now in the heat of this election year it's become a priority? GTFOH

Texas has probably been loading up busses and planes full of the REALLY DANGEROUS criminals that illegally cross into the country and sending them to Liberal sanctuary cities. 

If you had really paid attention to the news the past few years -- instead of getting intoxicated on liberal news desk kool-aid, you'd be able to see how biased and brainwashed you look... it's border-lining "political hack".



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

Do you have a problem with democracy? One would think democracy is something worth defending by people of all political stripes.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

Yo,

Here's the official definition of "Democracy", as described by the Webster people, who make dictionaries...

Now where did the US-of-A go wrong ???...


qt.

1a: government by the people
especially : rule of the majority

1b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

2: a political unit that has a democratic government

3: capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the U.S.
from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy
C. M. Roberts

4: the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority

5: the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges


Confused, because it doesn't make much sense ??? Well read on lol !


***Frequently Asked Questions

Is the United States a democracy or a republic?

The United States is both a democracy and a republic. Democracies and republics are both forms of government in which supreme power resides in the citizens. The word republic refers specifically to a government in which those citizens elect representatives who govern according to the law. The word democracy can refer to this same kind of representational government, or it can refer instead to what is also called a direct democracy, in which the citizens themselves participate in the act of governing directly.


What is the basic meaning of democracy?

The word democracy most often refers to a form of government in which people choose leaders by voting.


What is a democratic system of government?

A democratic system of government is a form of government in which supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodic free elections.



I suggest the people of the US-of-A get their shyte together, & with 320-million people, find more suitable representatives yo !


__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:

Do you have a problem with democracy? One would think democracy is something worth defending by people of all political stripes.


 

I have a problem with the new "idea" of what Democracy has come to mean under the Democrats who have claimed the word as being inherently "Democrat" -- because of course Democracy sounds like Democrat...

I guess it's the same reason that Republicans are more likley to prefer using the term "Republic"... I also assume that is the reason liberals are trying to do away with the pledge of allegiance. 

"And to the Republic - for which it stands, one nation - under god, indivisible with Liberty and Justice for all"

But that is just WAY to patriotic for libs to gut...

 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

When I refer to the idea of democracy, I'm talking about the one that starts with a lowercase "d", not the political party to which I belong. In a true and healthy democracy I fully accept the fact that my side won't always win, but that the will of the people will prevail even if I happen to be in the minority. I believe this is a system worth defending at all costs.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Fair enough.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5523
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:

 In a true and healthy democracy I fully accept the fact that my side won't always win, but that the will of the people will prevail even if I happen to be in the minority. I believe this is a system worth defending at all costs.


 

I agree, but I have a few questions...

 

Q1. In a country with over 320-million people, whay are there only 2 x candidates ?

Q2. How can these two persons be selected for POTUS when it's known they are criminals ?

Q3. Are you also fighting for a 1 vote = 1 person system ?

 

You have problems, namely the Corporations that place these people in your awareness & don't allow others to be selected for POTUS, & SCOTUS which can over-rule any elected officials position, whilst being an unelected entity within itself, & its Judges in power for life.

I won't go on, but what are you defending exactly, when clearly there are major issues to resolve first ?

I suggest that you've been deceived, along with the other 319,999,999 or so people.

Time to fix the Constitution with a few amendments, & / or enforce some existing one's for everyone's benefit.



-- Edited by Rastus on Tuesday 20th of February 2024 07:32:15 AM

__________________

"Only an alert & knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial & military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods & goals, so that security & liberty may prosper together".    Dwight D.Eisenhower.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

There is only 2 x candidates because of the duality of man.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6306
Date:

It's because there are only 2 major political parties here. A conservative one, and a liberal one. The only way for a truly viable 3rd party to emerge here is for one of the 2 big ones to splinter into 2 separate ones. Otherwise a viable 3rd party is not going to happen organically from the grassroots, at least not here.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15969
Date:

Yes, as we clearly witnessed when RFK's entire family threw his Independent ass under the bus for Democrats recently when they were all video recorded saying they support Biden.

Really, that was pretty raw... 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard