Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Code #2285 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel Turbo


Veteran Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Date:
RE: Code #2285 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel Turbo


SELLC wrote:

Look at that little 6 banger! I would be ashamed to even post photos of it.

Anyway, that engine was baked and blasted, however ours was just hot tanked. For you to think that the engine you posted photos of will not rust, and look the same as ours, is just plain ignorant.

I will also have you know that engine I posted up is still running WELL today. We are talking almost 8 years! And as you can see the engine I have shown is a PERFORMANCE engine, unlike yours with that regular chain link POS timing chain.

As for the deck surface, well it dont appear to have been milled on your engine. Looks more like it was cleaned up.



Your finally right about something!!!! yes it was baked thats all you got right, then into a steel shot shot machine then surfaced on a real milling machine to a   RA of 8 for the MLS headgaskets. Then I assembled the short block inside of a DRY,CLEAN, and WELL LIT room. Not outside in a rainstorm or in that shithole yours is in  BTW is that the heads for that motor laying on the floor behind the motor.
The "pos" link timing chain is there because NOBODY makes a "performance" chain for the application, or a camshaft for that matter, I just couldn't build that from a catalog like a Chevy motor.
that "little six" that I should be ashamed of makes 330 hp and 349 ltft at the wheels with an auto trans despite the link timing chain.

__________________

I started this career with nothing....I still have most of it left.



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Like I said... Baked and Blasted. Hell they have all sorts of media they use to blast with.

I cant really make out who the manufature of that engine is, however if you claim there is not a large selection of parts, that will rule out the 3.8 Grand National motor.

Anyway, Its a real nice looking engine. A little small for me, as 330 HP lacks even the power my black truck makes, but for a six banger, I assume its okay.

Dont take it too personally. You seem to feel like I am ripping on you, rather than pulling your chain. I know for a fact my motors are of good quality, so your teasing does not bother me one bit. Depending on what the customer wants to spend will dictate just  how much machieen work will be done.

I would post some photos of some of our "Best" however you can just goto the Chevy forum and see them.

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6006
Date:

SELLC wrote:
Depending on what the customer wants to spend will dictate just  how much machieen work will be done.



 I never let my customer tell me how much their repair is going to cost.  I give one estimate - the estimate to fix it right the first time.  If my customer has a problem with that they can take their shit to you.  I have a reputation to uphold.  I will not whore myself out and do questionable work just to get a sale.



__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Guess thats why you stick with the smaller engines.

Its no big deal. I pride myself in making things perform for the least amount of money. Hell I even tell people, MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK.

I cant help it if your skill level does not allow you to perform. Dont give me shit because mine does.




__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6006
Date:

Smaller Engines???   That V6 was EastEnds

If the savings you offer actually had any value I'd commend you.  You save people money by taking shortcuts like ROLOC discs.  If it were my personal engine, I'd pay extra to have it done right.  I don't do or recommend anything to my customers that I wouldn't do to my own vehicle.

-- Edited by PowerStroker on Friday 27th of March 2009 02:11:06 PM

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:
I never let my customer tell me how much their repair is going to cost.  I give one estimate - the estimate to fix it right the first time.  If my customer has a problem with that they can take their shit to you.  I have a reputation to uphold.  I will not whore myself out and do questionable work just to get a sale.

This is why the dealership looses so many customers.

I too give one estimate to do the job right the first time and if the vehicle is a mechanical mess they will work down the list. I dont whore myself out and if I really dont want to do a job, I COULD suggest taking it to the dealer. While I myself have never sent anyone to the dealer, it seemes to work well for some of my other friends whom own gravy only shops.

 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:
 I don't do or recommend anything to my customers that I wouldn't do to my own vehicle.



What are you talking about PowerStroker? Were on the same page because you never know, that customers vehicle might be "your own" by the time all is said and done. So think about that one big shot.
My bad on the smaller engines PowerStroker. But with this swarm its hard to tell who is who.

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6006
Date:

SELLC wrote:

What are you talking about PowerStroker? Were on the same page because you never know, that customers vehicle might be "your own" by the time all is said and done. So think about that one big shot.

ROFL... truer words were never spoken as it relates to you. 

Unlike you however, I have never obtained (whether legitimately or otherwise) a vehicle from a customer.  This is because I apply the philosophy of not doing anything to their vehicle that I wouldn't do to mine - not just to the repair... but to the diagnostics as well.  I know I sure couldn't afford to throw $12,000 of test parts at my car, so how could I expect my customer to swallow such a foolhardy venture.

 



__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:
ROFL... truer words were never spoken as it relates to you. 

Unlike you however, I have never obtained (whether legitimately or otherwise) a vehicle from a customer.  This is because I apply the philosophy of not doing anything to their vehicle that I wouldn't do to mine - not just to the repair... but to the diagnostics as well.  I know I sure couldn't afford to throw $12,000 of test parts at my car, so how could I expect my customer to swallow such a foolhardy venture.

Let me just say that your customer "Ford Motor Company" swallows a number MUCH LARGER than $12K to pay you and your mafia, I bet a lot of fleet accounts you have do also, so what your saying is BS. Also there was no "Test Parts" and you still fail to realize cost of repairs was FAR LESS than 12K.

You seem frustrated PowerStroker... Can we see a photo of the progress on your 6.0 BedPlate job? Are you loosing your ass this week buddy? All the other guys getting the gravy going to lunch looking at boobies making cush while your fiddle fucking around with that bedplate?

Tell us why your so Angry.


 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6006
Date:

I'm not angry, I just don't like being painted with the same brush as people like you.

That bedplate was done in 04, it was my first bedplate, and it was an Excursion.  I think I broke even on the job.  I was in Ford school all this week updating my skills.  My dealership pays my normal wages when I take classes. 

When was the last time you took formal training to stay on top of new technology?

-- Edited by PowerStroker on Friday 27th of March 2009 03:05:09 PM

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

I get schooled every day by a bunch of smart ass Ford Mafia techs.

Are you saying they are full of shit?

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



UNSTOPPABLE!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6006
Date:

Not at all, I just don't think we're reaching you.

__________________

ukraine-flag-nomonkey-b - QRZ NOW - Ham Radio News



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

PowerStroker wrote:

Not at all, I just don't think we're reaching you.




DOOOO-DAAAAA-DEEEEE

[OPPERATOR] The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, please hang up and try your call again later.

DOOOO-DAAAAA-DEEEEE

[OPPERATOR] The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, please hang up and try your call again later.

DOOOO-DAAAAA-DEEEEE

[OPPERATOR] The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, please hang up and try your call again later.



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



User

Status: Offline
Posts: 198
Date:

"We're sorry the fingers you are using to dial with are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm, now."

How the fuck you embed videos in this joint?

Ehh, fuck it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0BWjkA1IIA


-- Edited by Big Angry Hillbilly on Sunday 29th of March 2009 09:48:39 AM

__________________
We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity. Now what can we fix for you today?


Veteran Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

I love your video but you forgot to post these other 2! lol
    
They are all about "learning"! A perfect description of our friend SELLC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dbDJzDV1CM&NR=1


Why bother with going through all the headache of training to better serve your clients? He is too smart for that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4&feature=related

They even spell the same way! He doesn't use a wand to type, he has a special tool for that too!


Computer Smash

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZCxdm491YYCA



__________________
Just because  you can't fix it, doesn't mean you should steal it!


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

I am wondering if you meant for this responce to be to the other thread with Big Angry Hill Billy's YouTube vido at the bar?

Some strange things been going on round here. 

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Big Angry Hillbilly wrote:

 Meh - I have the dyno sheets for it.

396CID LT-based engine, Trickflow 215CC heads, ported by Advanced Induction, 12.5:1 compression, super-secret solid roller cam, shaft mount rockers, etc, etc.

I'll bring it by your shop once we get it in the car.



Think I am loosing my mind, I tried to respond to this earlier and maybe I just didnt realize you guys had whored it to page 2. I dunno.

 



__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 



Veteran Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Date:

SELLC wrote:

I am wondering if you meant for this responce to be to the other thread with Big Angry Hill Billy's YouTube vido at the bar?

Nope! I am 100% sure I posted in the right thread! The VIDEOthat I was talking about, was the one my buddy   Hillbilly posted above my response.
 

 
Some strange things been going on round here. 


No SELLC, there is nothing strange going on around here! Just the usual, you know...Powerstroke Mafia asks you a few questions, you don't know the answer but pretend you do,   Powerstroker is still waiting to see your 6.0 Rear Main tools but you refuse to show it because you don't have them, Pogo is still trying to teach you a thing or 2 but you continue to refuse to learn....yadda, yadda, yadda....Just the usual SELLC... Just the usual!
PowerStroke Mafia Rules!
           PowerStroke Mafia Rules!


 





sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZCxdm491YYCA



-- Edited by Ford Girl on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 04:21:57 PM

__________________
Just because  you can't fix it, doesn't mean you should steal it!


CERTIFIED POST WHORE

Status: Offline
Posts: 15461
Date:

Ford Girl wrote:

 

Nope! I am 100% sure I posted in the right thread! The VIDEOthat I was talking about, was the one my buddy   Hillbilly posted above my response.
 
Well thats good, but I failed to see any video posted by hillbilly in this thread, thats why I asked if anyone else noticed anything strage. Then again after taking a closer look I have realized that BAH suppied a link rather than embedding it. I dont know why, but that little film strip icon just above the word editor is what allows you to embed videos. (Just incase anyone was wondering). I used to help people out and embed them but Pogo got all pissy when I tried to help him with his filter video.

No SELLC, there is nothing strange going on around here! Just the usual, you know...Powerstroke Mafia asks you a few questions, you don't know the answer but pretend you do,   Powerstroker is still waiting to see your 6.0 Rear Main tools but you refuse to show it because you don't have them, Pogo is still trying to teach you a thing or 2 but you continue to refuse to learn....yadda, yadda, yadda....Just the usual SELLC... Just the usual!
PowerStroke Mafia Rules
          

You are simpily a spectator here. You have offered no real knowledge and it likley that even if you were fed bad information by the Mafia you wouldnt even know it. Hell they could prolly sell you muffler bearings for a front end problem and you would buy it. I have said many times that the only Rotunda tool I have used was an alignment rack, however I have made every tool made by Rotunda that I needed. What I am learning is you like to kiss Mafia ass. They like that and lucky for you they have a lot of ass for you to kiss...


 



-- Edited by SELLC on Friday 10th of April 2009 09:02:32 PM

__________________

What is to give light must endure burning -- Viktor Frankl

 

 

«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard